• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks!

I was under the mistaken impression that Ashley and Olivia went to college together but come to think of it in later years they actually only ever referred to themselves as being sorority sisters. So they belonged to the same sorority but at different colleges and never met until Olivia's first episode.

• Members

Yes, a retcon is also possible, or somebody on the writing staff misremembering their sorority connection as them being at college together.

** I posted the top half before seeing the post by YRBB and the replies have merged**

Aha! thanks.

I think earlier my brain may have attempted to rationalize the discrepancy coz now that you have both said that they were retconned in the late 90s to have been in college together I am now back to remembering it that way again too lol

Edited by Dion

• Members

Thanks! 

I noticed Kay Alden seemed to like to retcon some of the character's connections prior to their time on the show...wasn't she the one that made John and Katherine old classmates, when someone once said John and Katherine didn't meet until he was about to marry Jill the first time? 

• Members

Looking at the early development Y&R  material and what would become the Brooks sisters. In 1972 when Bell was creating Y&R there was a TV movie of the week called " All My Darling Daughters". Robert Young played the father of 4 very different daughters who all wind up getting married on the same day. I wonder if Bell saw that film and a light bulb went off and the Brooks sisters were born ? 

• Members

Here's some more 1991 and a 1992 Episode I just added!

Please register in order to view this content

Keeping my fingers crossed they don't get blocked!!

Some of the 1991 are only Partials. 

• Members

Your welcome!

Please register in order to view this content

Last week when they showed the David trash Compactor episode my mom commented on how OTT Flo's acting and crying was thinking Nina was dead...It kind of stung me because I thought Sharon Farrell was one of the best actresses on the show for the little they had her do.

• Members

I agree... her acting was indeed very dramatic but the situation called for it. She realized her new husband was a psychopath, and thought her daughter had been murdered and that she was partially to blame. She was hysterical but that is to be expected.

Holy cow - not only Nathan and Liv's wedding but Victoria's 16th birthday!  And I'm sure more Sheila and Drunk Nikki. You are the BEST!

• Members

I remember back when Nina and Philip were about to marry that Cricket had suggested inviting Nina's mom..and Nina vetoed that saying her.mom.kicked her out probably due to a man her mom was dating not liking Nina, etc.

Bam 2 years later we met her mom.  I liked that about Bell..he would drop a mention of something and follow up on it years later 

• Members

I didn't know that, that's a great detail they left in.

I think as far as Nina's dad, that was always retconned a bit...I think When we first saw Nina she mentioned she ran away from BOTH parents, and then it was changed to it just being her mom a few years later...of course they never really delved into Nina's real father coming on, even though they teased Jed Sanders as a possible candidate before they dropped the story.