Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Nathan situation certainly turned a somewhat repressed Olivia harder and more reserved.

The main issue was that she was married to Shemar Moore with his megaton popularity. Take the Callie story for example: After Nathan's dangerous cheating, it's certainly understandable why Olivia would overreact. But the show did not want Malcolm to come off badly AT ALL and therefore kept throwing Olivia under the bus for him. Over and over again.

• Members

So true!

I have to say - although Olivia became so sanctimonious and annoying, I appreciated her character. I watch the shows to see different personalities and at times disagree with them. I like that she was so subdued and reserved. I miss her character. 

• Members

Are you from NZ. Is that Bic Runga in the commercial at the beginning?

ETA: Oh it was cut, nevermind. I saw this on the FB page earlier

Thanks for this, had seen this but couldn't download it, so I appreciate you grabbing this

Edited by will81

• Members

No, I don't know of any for that year, sorry. I will be uploading 1/31/01 which has Matt Clark in it.

That June 4, 1993 episode was fantastic! I've kind of given up on watching in order for now since the classic episodes are airing anyway. The writing was so good. This has to be my favorite year of the show.  You wouldn't see these kind of open honest discussions (Dru/Lillie Bell and Victor/Hope).

• Members

I sooooo wish they’d air more episodes from 1973-80 with Jill and Kay’s powerful scenes together and apart. I often wonder where they get the “fan favorite” selections from, do the fans contact them themselves? I think they should just do a 70’s week for the show, or a “Best of Jill & Kay” week and show only episodes pre-1985. I also wish they’d just give in already and start streaming the first 11 years on some platform. 

Then again, if we could find people that recorded the show from ‘75-‘84 on some video format (Beta, VCR, U-matic, etc.) and get them converted, that would also be an alternative for them not showing the episodes on TV. 

And please refrain from telling me they don’t exist because there’s someone out there who has to have at LEAST taped the ‘78-‘84 era, since there are so many episodes of other soaps from this era. 

• Members

I was at a fan event about 5 years ago when a fan asked when will we be able to watch them all. Most of the actors on the panel were shocked they're not already streaming online. Someone pointed out that they'd all be on VHS.  Christian Le Blanc said he was pretty sure that it had all been digitized, or at least the vast majority of it. He said that was a big project CBS had undertaken relatively recently to convert the tapes. He seemed like he knew what he was talking about.

• Members

I have read more than one interview in which Bell confirmed that saving all the episodes was mandated in his original contract when he created the show. My memory bank is too clogged with data to remember the specific titles or dates of those interviews, however.

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

I think the likelihood was stronger before the Bells sold their interest in the show.  Now it is up to CBS/Sony what happens.  And they already treat these soaps like they have no value.

I remember even after Bill Bell stepped down as HW he had an interest in the original version of the show.  He talked about updating the older scripts for modern language and times, but the themes, stories and characters were strong enough to start filming again right away.

The stories I have read say both DAYS and Y&R have their complete episode libraries intact.  I believe Corday mentioned having the episodes digitized  few years ago.

Does anyone know if Corday still owns his small stake in Y&R?