Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Stuart's last scene I recall was him and Liz heading out the door of the Brooks house, ready to head off to live in England (where Snapper & Kris moved to IIRC).  Never again saw him or the Brooks house.  I thought it was late '82, but may have been '83.  I don't know.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Someone mentioned that they read once in a synopsis that Stuart and Liz met up on Memorial Day 1983 but decided not to reconcile. Sounds like that would have been his last appearance. Stuart must have left w/o Liz because she stayed on the show til winter '85. When the Brooks girls came back for the '84 Victor/Nikki wedding, Stuart was not mentioned.  We saw Liz again in May '86 when Jill was shot. I think it was said she was living in England w/Snapper and Chris, but again no mention of Stuart

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yeah it was in synopsis that Stuart met with Liz on Memorial Day but it didn't mention if they reconciled, and then Stuart was never mentioned again. Robert Colbert was let go from the show shortly after, I think it was announced around Sep/Oct 83. So he may have appeared again but I doubt he did or at least t was probably very brief

When Brenda Dickson returned in Sep 83, Liz was still living in the Foster home and Stuart was nowhere to be seen, and didn't seem to be mentioned. 

• Members

In one of the '82 clips, Katherine confirms that she once met Vanessa Prentiss! I know people have always been wondering...

Nikki says "have you ever met Lorie Brooks"

Katherine replies "yes, once long ago, with her mother-in-law, the late lamented Vanessa Prentiss"

• Members

I noticed that too, I hope we can see that some day. At least we finally got Kay and Lorie together, although they barely speak and Kay made no mention of the fact Lorie dated Phillip. 

Janice Lynde also wanted desperately to have Leslie and Kay interact and was trying to come up with ways to make it happen before she left.

• Members

Great! Do you have the next episode with Billy and Mac breakup scenes? 
I wish Ashley Bashioum stuck around to play those scenes with David Tom instead of KK. Although I’m not sure if the broke them up to give KK room to grow outside the pairing or if it was planned from the beginning. 
Thanks

• Members

Just reflecting on the Stuart/Liz discussion and how it ultimately fizzled out.

On paper it united the core families and should have served the show well moving into the hour format,

With Stu and Liz actively involved with Jill, Snapper and Chris, Lorie, Leslie, Peggy and Greg they should have been see regualarly in strong supporting roles.

But from memory and looking at old summaries that didn't seem to happen.

it's no secret Bill Bell was challenged with the longer format and juggling established characters with newbies.

So marrying Stu and Liz was bit of a dead end.

Maybe Liz could have been left pining for Stuart but realizing that they were from two different worlds. Keep her as 'Mom Foster'

And use Stuart to usher in a new family. I'm thinking Marla Adams as Dina Abbott,cosmetics heiress with an indulged playboy son Jack. Stuart falls for Dina.and they marry Then her ex John returns and they are still involved because of Jabot. Jack could bond with Stuart and John tries to win back his son's affections as well as re-unite with Dina. Lot's of story possibilties especially with Jill involved with Jack and John.

Then the other Abbott daughters return.  All of this could have started in 1980, rather than waiting till 82 to usher in a new family.

I could see Lorie involved with Jack on some level. Chris working at Jabot for her stepmother.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

I think Dorothy Green (Jennifer) also questioned why her character never interacted with Kay. When Bill Bell killed off Jennifer in 1977, Green was vocal in the press how Jennifer, Kay, Liz and Vanessa were written as long suffering by Bill Bell and was unhappy about it. She implied he did not know how to write for happy stories for older women. 

Kay did appear at the 1981 Gala Ball when Lorie stole Leslie's spotlight by wearing that dress slit to the crotch.