The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Like Vee, I'm over this show.  I'll watch someday through streaming, but killing Carl was basically killing the future. Almost everyone from the start is dead. I'm feeling it's all pretty pointless.

And yeah, they need to pay the woman. It won't keep me around, but it's only right.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm pretty much out (I may catch up on Netflix someday if things turn around), but Lauren Cohan (Maggie) has confirmed she'll be in six of the eight episodes in the first half of next season despite her TV pilot getting picked up.

Meanwhile, ex-TWDers Chandler Riggs (Carl) and Chad Coleman (Tyreese, but to me he'll always be Cutty from The Wire) take each other on in a rap battle on TBS' Drop the Mic. It's in good fun yet still cringeworthy.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Nooo! I had a feeling this was coming. And he'll only be in 6 episodes next season?!

I was going to stick with the show, but now I'm done. For me, there is no Walking Dead without Rick, Carol, Daryl, and Michonne on the cast. Rick is the absolute center. They would have a very hard time doing it without him.

Season 9 should be the end. It doesn't sound like they're going to end it, but they should.

• Members

Negan was never good for this show. He was a ridiculous comic book character and Robert Kirkman's personal avatar, and Kirkman always dragged the show down. He should've lasted a season tops if you had to do it. It doesn't surprise me he ultimately was what pulled the TV show apart to the point that I mostly stopped watching at the end of S7 and definitely checked out when they fired Chandler Riggs. I assume Lincoln (and next I'm betting Gurira) came to the same conclusion I have, and him exiting after Riggs' unexpected exit does not surprise me. TV is not comics.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yes, it really unraveled with his arrival. Even if I hadn't been watching, I could see the sharp decline in interest from my peers between Seasons 6 and 7. It was almost comical how quickly and low it dropped from being constantly discussed to barely there. It was a good indicator of the reaction from the general audience. The show focused entirely on this barely-believable character, excruciatingly slowed the pace down, and refused to just wrap it up. They devoted the entirety of Season 8 to him too (haven't finished), despite considerable pushback and ratings decline. Then they're choosing this time to lose other popular cast members. Yeah, it's really over. 

• Members

I know a lot of people never cared for Lincoln or Rick but he was always the lynchpin of the show for me. I loved his work and I loved Andrew's passion for the show and the character. And I loved him with Michonne. This makes the decision to kill Carl even more short-sighted. 

• Members

I didn't mind Andrew Lincoln as Rick, but I hated Carl and was perfectly fine with him FINALLY being killed off. Rick leaving the show is...wow, I really can't imagine the show without him despite how much Rick can suck. The show really does just lumber along now and I pretty much watch out of habit.

• 3 weeks later...