Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Episode 3:    Dee

Welp, Alpha never dressed well from the beginning.  Seeing her torturing Lydia reminded me why she truly deserved Negan.

Episode 4 :   Amy, Dr. Everett

I really enjoyed perky Amy and felt bad she got stuck with grumpy Dr. E.  Anthony Edwards was perfectly cast for the role. Poor Amy not making it sucked.

Episode 5 : Davon

Allegory. Sad that it was the batshit crazy son killing children, but fits in (see 'look at the bunnies'). Davon trying to get the people to change, which never works post-apocalypse.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Since I know they were the only reason both @DRW50and I kept watching for awhile, this is newsworthy:

Apparently Danai Gurira co-wrote their spinoff miniseries, which I will be watching. I don't know if/when I'll watch the actual final seasons of TWD though. It seems very odd that the actual ending of the main show appears to largely just be a springboard for the multiple spinoff shows - I think they are remiss to not show these two main characters at least reuniting with the rest of the longtime ensemble (and their two young children) before going off on a new adventure, unless that reunion is going to happen in the spinoff. If the show ends up in syndication somehow new people are going to be wildly confused.

Apparently Carol is left caring for the Grimes kids and helping to run whatever the current settlement is. I'm glad she's happy. I do hope she eventually got back together with Ezekiel. They were neat together around when I stopped watching. But I still think killing off Carl was an unforgivable mistake.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Thanks @Vee . My days of watching anything with the show are pretty done (I just lost interest, rather than any outrage), but I am going to wait and see how the spinoff ends. Either way I hope they will give a positive ending, if possible, for Rick and Michonne. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I thought Carl had improved a lot in recent years, and he was a foundational part of the show who was always intended by the creators to go on. I thought it stripped a key piece of the core out of the show. I also had zero interest in Negan's 'redemption.'