The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Really awful eppy!

Usually, TWD has my undevided attention. I was watching a movie on Netflix during the eppy. I am so disappointed in this new show runner. We have had more duds than winners this season. First they stall with dreadful eppies of Phil and now this? The final eppy of the season better not be the group reuniting. That would be awful!

Very disappointed :(

Where's Ann? 2nd week w/out her.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought we learned more about Daryl...enough to help fill out his character, anyway.

I am not a Daryl fan or a shipper of any of his relationships, but I liked the episode. It wasn't one of my favorites, but I liked it.

I just hope they aren't going to kill Sasha next week. I have a bad feeling.

• Members

I have a bad feeling about Daryl's fate. Beth declaring that he'll be the last man standing does not bode well, imo. How old is Beth? From that episode I take it she is still 19/20? She looks older, so when she spends the whole episode basically acting like an idiot, it's hard for me to take.

I was hoping that Rick/Michonne would show up at the end of the episode. If not Rick than Tyreese/Carol.

• Members

Beth's 17 - 18 she is still a kid.But she did come across as a bratty idiot.

And I wouldn't worry about Daryl he is the cash cow of the show and is going no where.NR already confirmed he's in season 5.

If there is another death it better be Beth .EK is just bloody awful and cringeworthy to watch.

I think bob and maggie are safe not sure about sasha though.

• Members

I thought the episode was ok, but I do think they are in danger of losing some of their audience with these "specialty" episodes, particularly when they seem to be doing these more and more. I was a fan of the season they spent on the farm, I know many are not. But it they want to do further character exposition, I prefer seeing more character interaction. Now I say that and contradict myself, because I loved the first episode of this season. But it's incredibly frustrating how they leave what I consider cliffhangers in some sense for 4 to 5 episodes. I understand it's an audience retention tactic, but at some point I have to think viewers will wise up to it.

• Members

I feel the same. The follow up eppies to the Rick/Michonne/Carl eppy just aren't living up to the first one after the break. They don't seem authentic and the others are trying too hard. When you really look at it, do we really need insight to anyone but Michonne? The bonus was half way thru the eppy, we got to see Carl as a kid. Skipping thru town and taking stuff for the fun of it. The kicker was eating pudding on the roof. That was real. The rest is coming off as "how moving can we make the other characters", and I just don't care. Beth and Maggie lived on a farm with their father. Daryl came from a hard ass father and hard ass brother who did love him. He's an ass kicker. Sasha and Big Moose are close siblings. There's not much more "getting to know them as individuals", so let's move on!

The clown Abraham and Maggie/Glenn finding their way back to one another? PUKE! I'm getting restless!

• Members

Both. Burning down a safe refuge made me sick especially given that the show demonstrated at the beginning how hard it is for them to stay safe in the open. You'd think that after having spent the night in a car trunk they'd be a little more grateful for that moonshiner's shack.

The song was just ridiculous. I actually kept pausing the show because I thought I had a window open on my computer that was autoplaying some kind of commercial.

• Members

We haven't seen a lot of backstory for the other characters in these episodes, aside from Daryl. Most of it has been present day.

I feel like we did need to see this side of Tyreese, because of the idiots who said he was a "thug" and such early this season. I also like that Carol is back, although I dread how that story will go and I wish they hadn't done it. We've only had a tiny bit of Maggie/Sasha/Bob.

The stories do feel too separated, but I don't mind as much, as long as they are moving in a certain direction and we get some insight into how people feel and what they're doing. I felt like last season at this point everyone was just standing in place waiting for the finale (and most of them barely did anything in that either).

I think they should have had more episodes that have a lot of different shots of each group, but otherwise my only real complaint is the Abraham stuff, which sucked.

I'm also not too sure about this Terminus story.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The problem with the episode Still is it didn't tell us anything new that we already didn't know about Daryl episode felt like bad fan-fiction. They didn't need a hour to tell us that Daryl had a crappy life before the ZA.

The Tyreese and Carol arc needs to be told and it looks like thats not happening until episode 14 when the group turns up again. That is to long for a arc that started on episode 2.

Maggie group all need screen time and development

Especially Sasha amd bob who the writers have dumped into a romance alread.

Glen & Abraham group need screen and development also.

I like Abraham and it looks he going to have big part in the show.

And looks like we won't catch up on Rick's group until episode 14 .

This week its Daryl group again and at least we get to catch up with maggie's group.

• Members

I liked this mostly because we got a little more about Daryl than just what I'd expected (in his brother's shadow, abusive mother). It fleshed him out a little, for me.

I feel like we already got a ton of Abraham, but then admittedly I do not like him.

I do agree we should be seeing more of Bob, Sasha, and the Carol and Tyreese story. If Bob or Sasha die next week I'm going to be angry (especially if it's Sasha) because she's barely appeared.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I think the only 2 characters I despise the most after the Governor are Darryl and this Beth girl. So the writers' decision to pair them up after the showdown took place was just abysmal to me.

What can I say about the episode. Not my favorite, not my least favorite either. Burning down a safe refuge is as stupid as not killing every single walker IMHO (well not every single one, but you get my point). It all boils down to basic writing rules, where you need to plant and reap seeds, and come full circle for some reason... And to be honest it all comes off so sappy it makes me cringe most of the time.

• Members

I half-slept through that episode. Not my favorite.

I don't mind the separate group episodes, I like the exploration - I mind it when I have to just watch Daryl and Beth, who I like as part of the ensemble but not alone together, for an hour. It doesn't help that I'm sick and exhausted at the moment.

Edited by Vee