DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

colorct.jpg

This is a dark frame, but I love how rich the purple is behind them and the two shades of pink off to the side. And his white hair really pops out too. The other soaps are so dark and earthtoney. So many browns and whatever, a little splash of color an hour a day is a nice change.

Anyway, I felt sorry for Maggie at the end. With Vivian it is funny, with Maggie it is sort of cruel.

• Members

I think I much prefer the earth tone approach. In comparison I thought Erica's new set on AMC looked so gorgeous. It has the black and white going for it but it does have color with the splash of red. This red though is subtle and not as loudor bright Id imagine it would be on Days. Overall a very modern and elegant look. They can not only work on te lighting but pick different color tones for their scenes bc it makes all the difference

amc1007107.jpg

• Members

I think it boils down somewhat to personal preferences as well. I like the colours. Something I'm looking forward to seeing is the Horton Christmas Tree with all the colourful bobbles. I bet everyone gathered this year will look great.

• Members

well that was the point of that particular scene. It was at night and it was supposed to be romantic. Jack ended up kissing Erica and taking her in his arms to go have sex. The dark lighting and lit candles were supposed to set the mood for that. Wouldnt have had the same effect had the room been brightly lit

• Members

Uh... how the heck did a weakened, food-, toilet- and sleep-deprived pensioner manage to foist Maggie into the sarcophagus? OK, I'm sure the henchman helped but didn't he want nothng to do with Vivian's scheme in the first place?

Melanie & Kate facing off. :wub: We need to see more of that.

I'm not sure if Sami's boobalicious cocktail dress was appropriate for a memorial service and will-reading.

• Administrator

I didn't mean actually seeing Vivan get out, or Maggie getting in. I was talking about showing the action before Maggie was put in the coffin. Is Suzanne so fragile that she can't be picked up from behind, or she can't play someone trying to get away? If so, yeah, axe the idea of Gus restraining her and maybe show him grabbing her arm, dragging her to the coffin. It's just little scenes like this that add so much to the story, scenes that we can visually remember. TV is a visually medium and I don't think DAYS does enough to show stuff on screen.

Archived