DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Perhaps so, but to be perfectly honest I much prefer it. At least you don't have the sense that 'evil' is hiding under every shadow. Shows are often way too dark as it is.

Either way, Days still has some tinkering to do with the new lighting, makeup, etc. Y&R had the same issue. I don't know about AMC when they changed over, but I wouldn't be surprised if their fans noticed too.

• Members

Mostfans complained that AMC's production values were supbar prior to the HD switch. There was a noticeable difference for the better when they did go HD. The lighting for one was much better. I dont thinkit was simply a change of SD to HD though as it coincided with the show moving to LA and they got a brand new production team to go along with itand they operated differently from how the NY gang did

• Administrator

I noticed the new opening too. The text for "Days of our Lives" and at the end, "Corday Productions" were different.

So Chad finds out he's a Dimera.....LIKE THAT??? He just receives an envelope with his birth certificate? No build up to the revelation at all??? YOU HAVE TO PLAY UP THE BIG PLOT POINTS!!! For the love of Soap Opera Gods!!!! *sigh*

So far the switch to HD has been okay. I'm sure they'll improve in time - like with GH. When GH went to HD, it was really bad. I remember seeing a lot of orange.

God, those were awful. Stephen Wyman was so bad with production values.

I'll go with the international credits. ;) It was Maxam/RCulliton for Friday and Monday.

Yup. There's no mood, or sense of drama or mystery at all.

• Administrator

Oh one more thing. Why didn't we see any DRAMA or ACTION of Maggie being put into the sarcophagus??? WTF. We should've seen the fear in Maggie's face when she realized what Vivian was planning to do with her........Maggie tries to get away, then Gus blocks the door.....Vivian opens the sarcophagus while Gus is carrying Maggie to the sarcophagus...Maggie's yelling, fighting, trying to get away. Then the final shot is Vivian over the sarcophagus, she's smirking and does her evil laughter....she's finally accomplished what she planned. Fade to black.

• Members

The opening looks so good...it's very polished & nice now! I really wish the show would go back to the longer version of it, though.

I'm glad that the box Ari left didn't have the proof she had for EJ. To me it would have made no sense at all! I was glad that it was revealed Ari made that video months ago, when her and Brady were still engaged. I felt bad for EJ that Ari didn't leave him what he wanted, but you just know he'll get the upper hand soon enough. Loved watching him squirm today, lol.

Camila Banus...she did fantastic today as Gabi. Loving her.

Chad finding out that he's a DiMera could have been handled in a much better way! That totally came out of nowhere, no build up at all! What a bummer. Well I'm glad things are starting to get out...I think CD is doing a great job, I really wish he would clean up though because he really looks a mess. And I still continue to see chem between Will and Chad! Loved their scenes today.

Loved the Maggie/Vivian scenes! Nice to see Gus back, to....lol @ Maggie being in the coffin now! I love it...this is great.

With the huge days news over the weekend, day of days, plus the show in HD today I felt a little pumped/excited while watching. LOL. Suzanne Rogers at the end of the show today was awesome, the Horton House looks great....happy 45th Anniversary, DAYS!!

• Members

These women are both over 60, and LS herself is 70. I think they're both beyond the point where we'd see them throwing each other in and out of coffins. If this was Sami vs. Nicole we'd probably see a whole lot more.

We didn't see Brady put Vivi in the coffin either.

• Members

Exactly.

I think we would've seen it with younger actresses. It has nothing to do with being cheap since it wouldn't cost anything to toss them in the coffin LOL. We saw the coffin being opened and Vivian get up today. We just never saw her get out physically, which is why I think it's an age thing and the fact that neither woman can do it.

• Members

Or even want to. I have no doubt both of them "could", but no producer worth their salt would ever make these highly respected - almost venerated - actresses do it. I imagine the getting in and out involves a step ladder and more than a few helping hands along the way (coffins are deceptively deep).

Besides, any old schmuck can be choreographed into an action sequence, but it takes talent to make you feel their plight when they can't move or have any props save one remote. Some of the younger actresses might do very well in the physicality of being placed in a coffin, but I doubt they would be as effective carrying the rest of the story.

Archived