DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Members

What a elitist point of view.

So what soap do you enjoy? What is the soap for smart people? There is not one, because none of them are. No soap is smart and exciting, nor have they been since the mid 90's, at best.

Not everything needs to be quality entertainment. In fact, probably about 90% of what is made is far from it. If Y&R would stop trying to be a 80's primetime soap, and GH stopped trying to be this dark edgy soap, they would both be much better. Days tried for years to be something more than what it was. An american daytime soap opera. It is full of love triangles, baby swaps, affairs, secrets, and love. It is played out by a mix of vets, actors who have been around for some time, and newbies. Thats what i want from my soap opera.

I am not saying soap operas can not be smart quality entertainment. They can, and they have been. But that was a different time. In todays landscape, they can not do it. They do not have the time or budget for such.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

EastEnders. Or at least, it's the smartest, whatever that means.

Days of our Lives should have NEVER strayed from the psycho-sexual soap it was for it's first decade and change. DAYS has not been DAYS since 1979.

However, I don't complain about what it has become today because I don't watch. I never will again. I'm happy for those that do enjoy it, but no, you are only watching Days of our Lives in name only. In fact, the 80's basically raped all of their true identities, unfortunately.

Hi, I'm Amello, and I despise the 80's. :)

• Members

For me, Days is the best soap on the air and Ive seen a bit of all of them. I was surprised by how quickly it drewme back in and I have not watched consistently since the island story when they killed off all those people. Days must be doing something right to get me to start watching again

• Members

"Kate was worth my time and effort on occasion but Maggie Horton? Oh what has my life come to? Ive sunk so low"

LOL..Vivian is too funny. Even she realizes how pathetic of her it is to pick on Maggie of all people

Go Nicole! Love her blackmailing Sami back into Sydney's life

I hate the way EJ disrespects Stefano. He comes across like an overgrown brat. What did he mean though about Stefano and Nicole. Stef knew that Nicole switched the kids and said nothing?

The birth scenes were funny too. Molly Burnett actually did good as she's better with the comedy stuff.

Melanie: "The baby's blue?"

Chloe" "Blue? What does that mean?"

Melanie: "OMG. Not only is my dad not the father, but considering the baby isnt orange, you're not the mother!"

• Members

Wow… what you miss in tact you obviously make up for in ignorance.

Considering a great number of us have IQs significantly higher than 12 and understand that story has a value in and of itself, I suggest you might want to keep your condescension to yourself. There is such a thing as being comfortable in your entertainment and not everything has to be an intellectual challenge to be worthwhile, thus the moniker "escapism".

• Members

LOL… I was laughing with Vivi on that one, the thought that Maggie was "beneath" her.

And I agree, Melanie is best doing something comic. Her timing is aways bang on, but she can't cry worth a darn. The day she was laying it on for Victor was one of the funniest stretches she's done in a while. Nadia is also a really good "straight man" so the two together made even the premature birth of an at-risk baby more funny than worrisome.

• Members

I don't think it's pompous at all.

How often do we see similar comments about people who are cuckoo over the Twilight saga? Or any other over-hyped movie or show?

I'm completely serious when I say that most people who watch Days are idiots with low IQ's and no gauge for taste. Have you visited the Sony boards? Forbidden Love? The Silver Link? It's a real eye-opener. Days fans in particular have a tendency to be borderline psychotic -- especially the fanbase crazies. Have you seen the Safe vs. Ejami wars? The Bope vs. Barly wars? Days fans are cuckoo. Not to mention immature. (Allow me to clarify here that I'm not talking about all Days fans -- just the pathetically unfortunate majority.) It's very apparent the kind of viewers this show is attracting, i.e. "the lowest common denominator." I'm not wrong.

All I'm doing is telling the truth. Is it harsh? Yes. Do I care? No.

This show is terrible. I'm not going to praise it when they haven't done anything to earn my praise. In the last 10+ years, the creative "geniuses" have screwed viewers over so many times I've lost count. I'm no longer going to make excuses for the shortcomings. When I see garbage, I'm going to call it garbage. In my opinion, Days of Our Lives is unwatchable (as is most every other soap on the air) and anyone who thinks otherwise has dramatically lowered their standards, IMO.

• Members

Re-read my post sweetheart.

"That's not to say that everyone who enjoys the show is an idiot..."

Just because I think most people who watch this show are idiots doesn't mean I think YOU are an idiot. I don't know you well enough to make that declaration, so there's no need to get defensive. :)

Archived