DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Members

I enjoyed seeing them, but I really, really hate interviewers who have no idea what they are talking about nor who their talking with. That blonde chick even admitted she didn't watch soaps.

Oh well, coverage is coverage I guess.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been trying to bite my tongue on Maggie in the coffin. In Canada we get today's and tomorrow's version every day and I'd already seen this yesterday. Maggie was AMAZING and Victor knows. You know he knows, he's just not putting all his sense together yet.

• Members

lol @ Nicole, "Oh sweet mother of god". Love that she found the evidence! This is soo good. Sucks that this is yet another secret she'll have to keep from Brady, though.

It irks me when people say "Since your going to be a sister soon.." to Melanie. Uhm she already is a sister, can someone please tell her about her half brother Nicholas Alamain?

Suzanne Rogers is doing an effortless job in that coffin! And I love that Victor gets the feeling that something's wrong, so he's about to open that coffin and see.

• Members

See, I hate that.

Why can't the show be campy and take itself seriously? Right now, the show looks like a cartoon. The sets look like those you would see on a show like Hannah Montana or Wizards of Wavery Place. Days shouldn't look like a tween show on Disney. It should look like what it is -- a soap opera.

• Members

to me this is all practically one shade of earth. She is in what is presumably some fire engine red outfit, and yet she doesn't stand out from anything. It's all one giant salute to autumn or something. I do like the wood floor and the camera angle, but it all just sort of bleeds into each other except for the white table and the 2 candles on either side of him.

The show knows it is funny, but the characters have no idea. You never see "wacky hijinks" on Batman. Adam West was brilliant in that role I thought. He delivered every line so earnestly.

• Members

Ha, so true.

Nadia, in person, never looks orange tho. On tv and in pictures? Snooki. i dont get it.

LOVE all this Maggie love!

Exactly.

I couldnt agree more. I love the colors of the set.

The book is BEAUTIFUL.

LOL, Good Day LA is a trainwreck, and its amazing. they never know what they are doing or anything about who they are interviewing. They do have quite a bit of soap opera coverage on there tho.

• Members

i agree.

honestly, i get why people do not like days. but i love it. its simple soap opera. soap 101 if you will. nothing new, nothing cutting edge. its finally not trying to be something it isnt.

the only issue is its boring, but that has to do with the writing not it being a basic soap opera.

• Members

I call it "Soap Opera for Dummies." The show appeals to the lowest common denominator because there's nothing interesting or dynamic about it whatsoever. Any idiot can tune in and think the show is great because there's nothing in the stories to challenge or confuse them.

Simpletons love simple stories.

Dumb people don't enjoy smart writing. They enjoy having things dumbed down for them. They prefer when things are "simplified" because they can't make sense of anything that's written for people with an IQ higher than 12. And that's what Days is giving them. "Simplified" stories. (By the way, when I say "simplified," I mean stupid and boring.)

That's not to say that everyone who enjoys the show is an idiot, but I'm willing to bet that a good portion of the audience is dumber than your average individual and they have no gauge for quality entertainment.

Archived