DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just watched last week's episodes, my first real venture into this show.

That chick playing Melanie has a really annoying child-like voice.

Everyone else was okay; I'm especially enjoying this Vivian story.

Loved seeing Robin Mattson again. :) Hahah, Santana and Gina on screen together again. :lol:

• Members

I doubt it's a matter of SR being frail (with that Rockette kick in those pics from the Days part, she's obviously in fine form), but it might be a matter of picking what's important. Does Days have the money to do this type of stunt? What would it's ultimate benefit be? Perhaps the physical aspect is being kept for when Maggie is eventually rescued. Who knows the reasoning.

While I agree TV is a visual medium, story telling should leave some things up to the imagination.

• Members

All My Children and Days are totally different types of show thus it makes sense that the lighting/production values are different on each show. AMC is still trying to pass itself off as a serious soap opera thus the more subdued lighting while DAYS is more of a campy/spoof soap opera thus the more flamboyant lighting.

I dislike Melanie and I think it's because of the performer's acting choices. The best example would be the Gabi character who I totally like better once they recast the actress. The other actress looked like a young girl while the current actress seems to have a more mature and intense presence.

Cant wait for Jennifer :wub:

• Members

Wow...those updated titles are pretty sweet. Not much of a difference, but you can actually see the grains of sand in that hourglass. That's pretty cool.

I notice the tags are a lot less "tight," but since I'm not a regular DAYS viewer, that might be something they've been doing for awhile.

Other than that, it looks the same, just widescreen. I'm just glad they upgraded.

• Members

At this point, it's not so much the brightness of the lighting, but rather the hue. The coloring is off. We know it's not our TV set settings, because everyone has said the same thing and peoples' screencaps reflect that. It's too pink. The men all look sunburnt or have that reddish, pinkish look that some older men eventually get (rosacia?). Yesterday, the color of Justin Kiriakis' face was that of somebody who's been holding their breath for a minute. Something is off.

• Members

Suzanne Rogers puts ALL the younger actors to shame. Her acting as Maggie was talking to Vivan was simply amazing. Very subtle but she potrayed the emotions perfectly. She needs an Emmy nom

Are they actually trying to make something out of Arianna's hit and run? I thought it would be some no name driver never to be heard of again. Who cares?

• Members

Awesome picture -- and all three generations of actresses look absolutely beautiful. So do the colors in the set behind them -- very plush and autumnal.

Haven't gotten the book. Still deciding whether I should.

Archived