DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Members

Its pretty much set up by current airing storylines.

Carly/Daniel/Chloe/Philip/Mel & Maggie/Vic/Viv/Brady/Nicole & Rafe/Sami/EJ/Stefano/Chad/Will/Gabby & Then it gets kinda random with bo/hope/doug/julie/abe/lexie/roman/caroline/nathan/stephanie... Caroline/Nathan/Stephanie are really the only characters not in place with the others from their story.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Caroline still making excuses, I continue to role my eyes at her. I love Kayla's anger with her and I have to say these two against each other is great! Stephanie's reaction to finding out about Caroline switching the results was good. Stephanie and Nathan's little celebration over them being engaged was lame! Melanie was clearly upset because she still loves Nathan ;-). LOL @ the little exchange between Caroline and Maggie. Caroline was so forcing that smile and hand gesture she had with her.

Liked the Vivian/Lawrence scenes. I wish he could have come to Carly instead of her though.

I wish Carly would have told Bo hell no to him helping out Hope, but no instead she agreed to help them out as well. Does she not realize this is only pushing them more and more close together?! Not that I mind, because I want Bope together, but Carly is being so clueless!! I think she should kick Bo to the curb and move on before she gets her heart broken.

• Members

Well the thing I wonder is why would it be Bo's business about Chloe's baby? Carly was "sort of" the reason being the trist and found out unintentionally then arranged the paternity test. She never knew who the man was and it turned out alright. Melanie is sort of in the right to demand answers but not even she has the right to interfere in the activities of grown adults. I can understand her not wanting her father lied to, but that's about it. The paternity stuff is really not her business so long as the baby is Daniel's.

As for Carly and Bope…… sigh, I'm not looking forward to Carly getting her heart broken BUT Bo is just such a boring character and Carly deserves someone who's got as much life in him as she has.

Caroline vs. Maggie; The Battle of the Matriarchs. And over Victor, of all people. I like it. tongue.gif It's even more entertaining knowing that Maggie isn't even trying but Caroline and Vivian still blame her for taking Victor away. I don't know if it's scary or heart warming that at their age women can still act like they're 13.

• Members

IA. Dare I say its currently the best soap on the air. Im surprised with how its drawn me back in but its really good.

Why the hell were the Brady women discussing the DNA switch out loud in the middle of the pub? My goodness, ANYONE could have heard them. Does Days not have a set for a backroom or something where they could have ahd more privacy?

Whenever someone gets caught talking with Vivian, why do they act like they werent talking to anyone? Wouldnt it just be easier to say they were on the phone via that bluetooth headset? I think that would be alot moreplusible than the silly excuses they come up with

Can they not feature Hope till she gets out of jail? Im so bored with her prison caper. That story is the only bad one on Days. Have zero interest in it

• Members

Kate: That's why Victor is my bitch. :lol: Woot!

Days is pretty good at the moemnt -- is that being reflected in the ratings? I sure hope so.

Caroline is cuckoo for coco puffs. The way she totters around looking half-drunk makes me LMAO.

It's a shame that Melissa Burnett and Casey Deidrick have broken up IRL. I like the chemistry that Melanie and Nathan have on screen and hope they remain the endgame.

• Members

Half drunk....LMAO. The acting is so bad its hilarious. I was ROTFL with her facial expressions and the way she points her finger.

Im not seeing the chemistry with Melanie and Nathan. I think this is the major downpoint in this story. I only get that they are supposed to be the end game from Stephanie's paranoia. I get nothing from Melanie or Nathan. The show really doenst play it up as if they are meant to be together. I dont get that there are any residual feelings or that the other would rather be the other. Melanie seems to be all about Phillip. When I see her and Nathan together, they come across more like brother and sister. Im not buying him being all about Stephanie, but I dont feel as if he cares about Melanie any more than he does her. Im coming into this as someone neutral with no allegiance to any pairing and never having seen Melanie and Nathan together. As someone new, Im just not seeing it and Days should be doing a better job at potraying them as the ccouple thats meant to be if thats where they are going with it.

Speaking of which, why did the couples swap anyway? What caused Phillip/Stephanie and Nathan/Melanie to split and swap?

• Members

Just want to say that I do not have some "Methane" (is that their couple name? Because it should be) agenda to push, lol. I am not completely enamoured of this couple, think Melanie is an appalling crier and am on Team Nicole whenever she and Melanie face off. However, I do think there is "something" in the scenes between ole Mel and Nathan, but that's JMPO. By contrast, I don't see an iota of anything between Stephanie and Nathan, which makes her crazy obsession with him even more puzzling to me. Philip & Melanie have a lot of chemistry too, though, but then again JKJ is very good about drawing out chem with whoever he is acting against.

Re: the Phil/Steph/Mel/Nate quadrangle (!), from what I recall (and I did a lot of FFing around this time), Philip and Stephanie were very much together, to the point where Philip was very possessive of her and was all "Let's get married and you can stay at home and raise all my Kiriakis babies." Melanie had a thing for Philip and tried to entice him and... well, we all know that Philip has zero willpower when it comes to anything in a skirt. So he hit that. Unbeknownst to the both of them, they were being taped by somebody, I forget who and for what reasons. The tape leaked and Stephanie was all "I'll never forgive yew." Philip pretty much shrugged and moved on to chasing Melanie. She and Nathan were attracted to each other but never really acted on it, if I recall (although this is Days. They could well have walked it like a dog). However, Maggie was not thrilled as it was all going on under her roof and she didn't want to be caught in the middle blah blah. So they quit each other.

Anyhoo, Melanie, big heart and all, also had residual feelings for Philip and felt bad about having been the slutty "other woman" behind Steph and Phil's break-up. So she and Philip got together as a couple, and that's when he started racing his child-bride to the altar. Meanwhile, Steph and Nate decided to pursue a plot-tastic relationship of their own, but Steph was insecure about his feelings for Melanie and the fact that he always seemed to be mooning from afar for the Melster. And, well, you know the rest!

• Members

Thanks Cat! So Ms. Holier Than Thou Melanie, slept with Stephanie's man? No wonder she hates her and is paranoid. I undestand Steph alot better now. Melanie comes across as an angel and Im shocked that she did that. Its funny how she goes off on Chloe, considering her on role in cheating. Phillip cheating on her is karma and I cant wait till that blows up in her face. They say you lose him, how you get him and that saying isnt more true than here. Im definetly Team Stepahnie now and approve of all her bitching in regards to Melanie

• Members

LOL, what about Philip? He's the one who unzips his fly every time some damsal in distress starts crying [Melanie was crying when he happened upon her at a motel (!) and that's when they first did the hokey-pokey]. :lol: Even Brady has more self-control.

But yeah. TPTB did try to make Melanie not seem like a complete homewrecker by having Stephanie say that she couldn't handle Philip's possessiveness and the relationship was already on the rocks anyway, and how it was so obvious that Melanie and Philip couldn't fight their lurrrrrrve, blah blah. But now it seems that Mel and Nathan can't fight their lurrrrve either. Stephanie is entitled to feel threatened -- it's like Melanie is stalking all the guys she has ever liked! On the other hand, Melanie seems to have a magic cooch because both Phil and Nate cannot stop drooling whenever she simpers into view. TPTB seem to be making Stephanie look like a humorless, desperate loon, though. And no doubt when Philip & Chloe's affair is revealed, Philip will be the Bad Guy and Melanie will be able to "seek comfort" from Nathan without looking like a ho.

• Members

Ive never cared for this Phillip. I did surprisingly like the character when he was played by the guy from the Real World though. Phillip is a pig and I guess he deserves Chloe bc she's a lying skank as well.

Poor Stephanie will be the odd woman out though. I wonder what they will do with her. I can see them putting her with Daniel. He has a thing for younger women and he will most likely be single in the near future. Plus theres plenty of room for controvery and drama if Stephanie hooks up with Melanie's father. He seems too old for her but I wouldnt be surprised if they went there. I wouldnt mind if they took her in a different direction and put her with EJ. That should piss off Sami and the rest of the Brady clan while getting her out of Melanie/Nathan's sphere

• Members

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Not Dr. Sanctimonious McHairyChest (actually, I don't mind hairy chests on Daytime -- his is quite the forest)! Deflowerer of Salem's teenagers. The horndog is always sniffing after the young girls and, for some reason, people seem to think he is just fab. Even in scenes with Melanie, he seems to be coming on to his daughter.

And EJ should have been put together with Ari. I have no clue what James Scott's chemistry would be like with Shelley Hennig. The problem is that she doesn't seem to spark with men much, which is odd as she looks like the luscious Elena from The Vampire Diaries. However, Scott does work well with women, although I always thought he had killer chemistry with Lauren Koslow.

I'm thinking Dr. Sanctimonious McHairyChest will end up with Carly, and Stephanie will be lumped with that stalkerish computer nerd who helped her break into those hospital files (poor her). Or they might bring back the dude who kidnapped her back when she was with Philip (ironically he was an actor that she had a lot of chemistry with. Go figure).

Philip should ideally end up with a subscription to Penthouse but I'm wondering whether he and Melanie will eventually find their way back to each other.

Sami's vajayjay should end up with a Sominex and a hot toddy. When it's not romancin', it is birthin' babies. Poor thing needs a rest.

Guest dc cubs

The discussion on Phillip's future is interesting as JKJ's contract is up very soon according to Jason's site. Jay has left before and come back. He only signed a one year deal last time and Phil has pretty much been minimized this year. Even the stories he is involved in he is in the background. He is married to Melanie but that whole marriage has been more about Melanie and her feelings for Nathan. Then there is his affair with Chloe but that has been more about if Daniel find out. There's a chance once he is revealed as the father of Chloe's baby that Phillip could leave town if JKJ decides not to stick around.

Archived