DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

They were always going at it even if it was just fantasies.  Jen/Peter and Carrie/Austin were really hot too. 

Lol.  Well that's a way to make money I guess.  I loved that Austin and Sami had to get married to get him back.  Apparently the French government has jurisdiction over American babies that were kidnapped? 

Edited by carolineg

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And fun fact, if people didn't know, the person heading Screen Gems' effort to get Days on TV was actor Jackie Cooper (Perry White in the Superman films). He took a break from acting from 1964-1969 to be a Screen Gems executive and he was responsible for finally selling "Days" to NBC in 1965!

• Members

Oh I remember Rebecca too.  She was so aggressive about getting John.  Going around asking Marlena inappropriate questions about how to land him lol!  Never taking no for an answer.  She just sorta disappeared.  But at the end of the day we do know that John Black and his mullet are irresistible to women

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I think she was injured or something when someone (possibly Curtis Reed?) tried to harm Kristen but got her instead? And left town afterwards. By then John was already making googly eyes at Kristen so he didn't care very much lol.

• Members

Did he ever care that much lol?   John in the 90's was such a man whore, but one who just couldn't have Marlena so had to sleep with everyone else lol.  No, he was overall pretty loyal but they threw a lot of women at him including that awful women Danielle that played his fake wife/jewelry thief.

• Members

Just saw that B&B will start uploading from season 1 starting September 1st - they also have seasons 19-31 (2005-2018) uploaded on YouTube and it's available for all to view. Now, imagine if DAYS could open their vaults?

• Members

Variety May 79

Fred Silverman, presiding over NBC at the time announced changes to the daytime schedule in an attempt to arrest failing ratings.

His plan

10 - 11.30 Gameshows

11.30 - 12.30 The Doctors (expanded to 1 hr) 

12.30 - 1pm New soap

1 - 2.30 Days (expanded to 90 min)

2.30 - 4 AW

Silverman noted this could be up and running by early 1980.

Can you imagine a 90 min Days with a new soap as lead-in??

• Members

Yikes, I guess Another World's 90 minute experiment thankfully put the idea of DAYS going to 90 mins to rest. The show was already going through creative issues at the time, so I can't imagine how disasterous a 90 minute show would've been.

I guess The Doctors absolutely crashing in 1980 put any plans on expanding it to rest.

• Members

I forgot about Danielle, I remember she was one of the first attempts the show throw at John to give him a backstory. Didn’t she first show in or around the time “One Stormy Night” aired? Lol it was torture for months there.  I don’t think the show knew what to do with John and Roman at all at the time following the end of the Tale or Two Romans story. 

That line up would’ve been insane, 90 minutes would’ve been a disaster. The Doctors was already ailing by this point too whatever that new soap was planned to be (Texas already ?) would have been DOA plus resistance from NBC affiliates probably would never follow this schedule. 

• Members

No wonder why SNL called Fred Silverman a lame-o around this time. How did he think that daily 90 minute soaps were the key to raising the ratings?

I wonder how Ann Marcus or Elizabeth Harrower would have handled writing a 90 minute episode of Days. 

Edited by AbcNbc247