DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He was sidelined.  And JER made WN's Roman almost seem like the bad guy for not forgiving Marlena and being a jerk of a husband before the affair.   I get the point of writing him off the canvas only to bring him back when Jarlena planned to marry, but I think it would also have been interesting to have him stick around.  To have him and Marlena try again, only to realize it would never work and maybe have him be a surrogate father to Belle like Marlena was to Carrie.   Or at the very least be involved in his kids drama.  They could have cast Eric earlier.  It certainly did the character of Roman no favors to be gone while Sami, Carrie, and Marlena were going through major life crisis for years.

I certainly prefer John/Marlena and loved their 90's stories, but I loved Roman too and it was hard to see such a important leading man basically fade away into a talk to at the Brady Pub. 

Who knows?  She only talked about it briefly.  It was an interview for Beyond Salem on Dishin Days.  I do think she might have meant a smaller community of people she knew maybe?  Like she knew the whole town of Salem, but was starting fresh in a different town lol.  I just don't see Marlena working on a Ryan's Hope like soap.  Regardless of what Deidre thinks, there is something flashy about Marlena with the supercouple pairings, kidnappings, adventure stories, arch rival villians, etc. no matter what.  

And yes, a Trump like family was supposed to be involved.  But it's been about 30 years so maybe Deidre is forgetting some things lol. 

• Members

I think I read somewhere that Mickey had mumps as a teenager so became concerned that he might be sterile but then was so happy that Laura was pregnant that he didn't bother looking at the results; the idea that Laura might be pregnant by another man, let alone his brother (who had raped Laura), didn't cross his mind at all.

• Members

Days initial ratings were low so I guess they felt changes had to be made. The initial stories were centered on Marie and her triangle with father and son Craig and Tony. Julie was troubled and hooked up with David Martin. Tom was involved in a malpractice suit and then some stuff about poisoned water supply that pitched Mickey against Tom.

Bill Bell brought in Laura to set up Laura/Bill/Mickey and the Susan/Julie/David  triangle.

• Members

@victoria foxton Thanks for sharing, but that photo really pisses me off. If you are going to cosplay an iconic soap-related magazine cover, then you should try to have two people who can at least act. That  broken ab machine just looks constipated, as  he has on all his soap work, and she just looks like she's trying to  figure out what died on her head. I'm not sure if one image has better epitomized the death of this genre.