DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Umm..it's a pretty good time.  I am not sure her struggle with fertility ranks as a 2 hour bio pic, but this was like way before surrogates were a thing, so sure Dee.  Go on an play your beauteous self.

Listen, I have no doubts DH was a huge diva.  But she seems to have let that go and is a team player now.   She will always be the face of Days and Crystal will be that girl who gave birth to Melanie lol.....

I am pretty sure RKK was fired for multiple things including dating Miriam Parrish.  Alison sweeney's mother took her off the set because he was creepy to her.  That's why Sami was gone for the entire Possession.  Plus, Crystal, Lisa Rinna, and Kristian Alfonso complained about him.  It wasn't an isolated incident.  He ended up being married to Parrish for years.  It was his other aggressive behavior as well.  He threw a chair at his old co-star at AW so his problematic behavior was known.

I was saying if I didn't know this I would consider him a great recast.  He was good.  He just wasn't a good person.

• Members

Yeah it is because he is great on-screen that he kept getting chances despite the fact his temper and inappropriate behavior with female co-stars was well-known and kept happening.

One thing I miss about classic soaps is those BTS stories that would circulate widely enough that "everyone knew".
It is really weird that in the age of the Internet we actually get a lot fewer rumors than we used to about the personal life and BTS behavior of soap actors. Granted we also get a lot more direct evidence of who they are through social media but nevertheless...

• Members

It's highly problematic he was hired in the first place.  It's more of a disgrace that he was hired on GH after his known problems on Days.   But who knows?  He was married to Parrish for 20 years maybe he changed his ways? I think he does wood working or something now...  He was a charismatic screen presence.

• Members

Back in the day I loved RKK and yeah thought he was hot and had no idea at the time he was such a creep. When it all started coming out I had heard Lisa and Kristian basically teamed up to get him off the show as they both hated him. 

In terms of Diedre, I get the feeling she is head strong which usually translates as difficult in Hollywood, lol. But also a bit cold or aloof. Bill Bell said he was the one who suggested her for Marlena back in 76 as he had no more story for her on Y&R. He saw her one day after she started on Days and said hello and she looked at him and walked on. I believe his comment to the interviewer was "Well Diedre is Diedre" lol

• Members

Yeah to work with the same actress right?

It does feel like Deidre is a little cold.  She seems to be close but not very close with her castmates.  She just seemed to know her worth and went with it. 

Yes.  You are correct.   I think I confused him with Trucker from Loving lol.  I don't know why.  I just knew he had a random new career. 

Yes that story was a mess.  too bad her issues basically blocked her from any further long term appearances.

• Members

Sorry to be answering a bunch of posts at once. I was at work.

If Wayne had hung around until at least 1995, they could have chem tested Roman and Laura.

Here's how I remember it: the Hayes left unhappily in '84. They spent the year doing theater and what not. In '85, Susan joined Y&R. For whatever reason, DAYS brought Doug back in '86. I dunno, maybe for the contrast of Hope's happy relationship with her dad vs. Bo's rocky relationship with Victor? Bill Hayes lasted maybe a year? Anyway, Doug's gone, then Julie returns in '90. She's seeking revenge on Victor (for making Hope unhappy?). This eventually plays out and Julie goes onto being the town hostess before reuniting with Doug as her exit storyline in '93. From there on out, it's pretty much been happily every after for them.

My go-to for Tracy as Carrie is that promo that aired after One Stormy Night. "(to John) I came back to tell you how much I hate you." Uh ... why? Talk about needless drama.

I'm positive "Shane," a fellow soap actress, is supposed to be Jane Eliot. I'll concede that she could also be a composite character, but once I found out that Deidre and Jane were (are?) friends, it seemed too good to not be true. A few other notes about the television milestone, Never Say Never: The Deidre Hall Story -- the timeline seems to be off. I remember a scene taking place in 1987 where Deidre and Wayne are shooting a scene as Marlena and Roman. For whatever reason -- maybe to avoid confusing the non-soap-watching audience*? -- Drake isn't in the movie.

*Then again, if you're watching a movie about Deidre Hall, I'm going to assume you also watch soaps.

I'm now wondering if the secretary had a typo, or refused to describe Dee as "bodacious."

Aw, man, what a missed opportunity. Like an age-flipped Exorcist, if Chris resented Regan.

• Members

I forgot about Laura.  Totally could have hooked up with Roman.  They could have used that blonde cop that was always hanging around too.  Taylor?  She seemed into him and Bo. 

I am assuming if you are watching the Dee Hall bio pic you are not into facts at all because....ummm..Daniel Hugh Kelley does not resemble her husband at the time even a tiny bit.  I guess Drake just didn't get an invite to be in the movie.  But Suzanne Rogers did lol.  I don't even know. Was Jane Elliot contractually bound to something because the real people in her movie are kind of off how she depicts her relationships.  Her life does actually fascinate me, but I don't think I learned anything from that movie. 

• Members

Is that why Jamie has never returned or been referenced?

Anyone know the exact episode/episodes that Chris Isaak "Wicked Game" was used for Jennifer/Jack? 

Why has Cassie never returned?

Are you serious? Teens from early 2000's were legendary. Kirsten Storms/Jason Cook as Belle/Shawn were destined to be the next super couple. I loved Mimi (Farah Fath).

6 Big Stars You Totally Forgot Were on Days of Our Lives - E! Online

• Members

I actually just looked it up and of all places, any Canadian viewers can watch Never Say Never: The Deidre Hall Story (giggle) in full on CTV'S website. I doubt you'll be able to in the US, but it's worth checking out CTV.ca to be sure.

• Members

I just want to say that I have been lurking on this thread the past few days, unable to comment because of work, but lapping up this walk down memory lane. I started watching Days in the late 80s, and the whole Patch & Kayla era, and later got into Carly, Lawrence Alamain, RKK!Bo and Billie.

I have VERY fond memories of that time. Carly was my fave heroine, but hey, at least now I know why she and Sabatino -- who had played a great psychopath on Knot's Landing years before -- were written off the show! I remember CC later landed up on OLTL afterwards playing an ex-nun I think? Anyway I tried watching, but the anti-chemistry between her and James DePaiva was too great.

Also remember the Days Primetime specials One Stormy Night and Night Sins! Everyone I knew watched those and screamed through them. Literally Must-Watch TV. 

Never watched Never Say Never; The Deidre Hall Story but I remember it being advertised. Also I need to know what the gossip is about Dee and Shane/Jane. Is it what I think it is?

• Members

I think CC played Maggie the juggling almost nun.  I don't think she took vows officially.  Anyhow, she left town to join juggling school for real.   I can only imagine what a letdown that was for CC and OLTL after her super popular run as Carly. 

Days had 3 primetime specials One Stormy Night, Night Sins, and Winter Heat.   The first two were better with Nights Sins being the obvious #1 because I think Winter Heat mostly focused on Bo/Billie and Carrie/Austin and nothing really happened that I can recall.  Maybe something with Laura/Vivian in the sanitarium?

I am surprised so many have not seen Never Say Never:  The Deidre Hall Story because it used to replay on Lifetime all the time about 15-20 years ago.  I wouldn't be surprised if still does. 

There has been some rumors about Deidre Hall/Jane Elliot's friendship over the years for sure.  They used to talk a lot it more.  I am not sure if they are still besties.   That beings said, I don't think Never Say Never:  The Deidre Hall Story was trying to give out lesbian undertones with the Deidre/Shane relationship, but if I watch it again I will let you know.

Please register in order to view this content

From what it looks like you can still get it on Amazon, Youtube, and Itunes.  It looks like you do have to pay for it.  

Edited by carolineg