YRBB

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Whoopi should've been released last season too. They should've just ended it with Barbara. Only person that has been on consistently this entire season has been Nicole, and while she's grew into her own, it's not enough for me to watch.

I miss Joy. I miss the women talking about politics. I miss the shrieking at one another. I miss the reads and shade tossed at each other. This show is such a bore.

• Members

A lot of the hissing and clawing was focused on a handful of personalities (Star, Baba, Elizabeth, Rosie O'Donnell) and couldn't be sustained. It made the show look like trash, but worse, delusional trash that still thought it was some type of public service.

They ate away at whatever meaning the show was supposedly supposed to have had, and what was left was a slowly rotting corpse.

They can bring in a few bimbos from Fox News or MSNBC and have them scream at each other, but people can see that anytime, anywhere.

• Members
Agreed completely. They "tried" that this season but it needs a COMPLETE overhaul and relaunch.

The show has lost it's spark.

I'm not at all shocked Rosie O is leaving. Again. I also think she wanted control and wasn't getting it. I'm sure that was a factor. She's looked miserable a lot of times and I do sense a bit of tension between Whoopi and Rosie. Do I think they're feuding and despise each other? No.

Whoopi also seems over it all at this point. I think she enjoys playing to the audience and that aspect of it but overall she just seems ... different.

It's a shame because I like Whoopi, Rosie P. and Nicolle. (I do somewhat still like Rosie O, but she just seems so pushy anymore and I hate how she acts like a child when she makes up her mind about something and refuses to have a sane discussion about it). But something just isn't gelling.

I know she gets knocked a bit and was very checked out by the time she left, but Joy felt right guest co-hosting and I sort of miss that presence. But she could get tiring after a while.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I love Rosie O'Donnell, but I don't think she'll have a successful talk show platform again. Her 1996-2002 heyday was before the Queen of Nice facade faded. Whatever behind-the-scenes drama there may have been back in the day was not reported. Meanwhile, there were reports of constant drama with her short-lived Chicago talk show on OWN, and of course there's The View. I just don't think it's meant to be again, even though I do enjoy her viewpoint and the way she articulates her opinion.

The View lost its relevancy long ago, and their constant push at trying to be at the cutting edge at political topics is a drain. Whenever I do watch (which isn't often), I just sigh when they start bringing up the latest news in Washington. I'm sorry, but I don't care what Rosie Perez thinks.

• Members

I feel like the best thing to do would be to have just one female host for "The View," rather than three or four, do away with the audience, and have her do pre-taped intros and outros for feature stories, also pre-taped, handled by "special correspondents" who are also women and who cover a wide spectrum of topics that are aimed at the target demographic.

• Members

Did anyone else watch Rosie's show on OWN? They actually tried that similar approach at the tail end. No audience, no band, no koosh balls, nada. Just a one-on-one interview on an empty stage with a backdrop that looked like a Kindergarten classroom. I wanted it to succeed, but everything went wrong.

• Members

The problem this season is not letting Whoopi go. Had they done a panel with Nicolle and Rosie O'Donnell with a better selection surrounding them, they would've been fine. I would've brought in Star Jones as the third, Countess LuAnn and someone young, they could've had a good panel.

• Members

They switched formats on The OWN show too late. If it was done earlier it may have worked.

I think Rosie is perfect for the one on one interview type show like larry King, Tom Snyder & Charlie Rose. I hope she does another show down the line