YRBB

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The show is so much better without Rosie O. She is just a draining self absorbed presence and so hard to watch. I think the panel for next season should be Whoopi, Nicole, Stacy London, and Naya Rivera. I'd fire Rosie P but because of the backlash they got when they tried this season I'd just let her be for now.

• Members

Well, I'm all for a sitcom shooting in New York even if I have my.doubts about the funny factor. I'd love to be wrong. I didn't see much of Whoopi! but from what I did see, it's not really her fault that it failed. It seemed to be a reworking of a pilot she and Susan Fales-Hill tried to develop for Jenifer Lewis (network execs couldn't imagine a black woman as a, gulp, "diva"). So the concept seemed to be split into two, as the TV movie Jackie's Back for Jenifer (perfect casting) and the sitcom for Whoopi (not so perfect casting).

• Members

Are y'all talking about the show where she had the hotel and the "proper" brother? I liked that too, that and The Tracy Morgan Show were done dirty.

I love her too but this is not the venue for her. She seems nervous whenever she speaks. She's been better since she came back from play rehearsal but I'd still cut her. I think Michelle Williams would be good instead.

• Members

Indeed! And frankly, it's not too late for it to become a HILARIOUS single camera mockumentary series. In Whoopi!, Whoopi played a fading soul singer like Jackie, and don't get me wrong, Whoopi was great in Sister Act (a role written for Bette Midler), but Jenifer sells OTT neurotic diva in a more sitcom appropriate way than earthy Whoopi.

• Members

Sorry If anyone is draining is Whoppi with her its my way or the highway. You disagree with her, she yells at the panel and even the studio audience. Rosie O was refreshing and more subdude this time

I tell Whoopi to get out. Keep Nicole, bring back Rosie O and get two more like maybe Valerie Bertinelli and Maybe Naya Rivera if she would do it. im on the fence about Rosie P

Edited by John

• Members

Whoopi and Rosie O' are okay alone, but together they brought out the worst in each other's personalities, especially on air. Nicolle I think has been a brilliant addition and Rosie Perez is likable but a bit raw; I do think with some more "TV training" if that's even a thing, she's salvageable. But if I were running The View, I'd park a Brinks truck in front of Joy Behar's place right now.

Edited by BingCherry