The View

YRBB

• Members

There was nothing refreshing about Rosie O bringing up Frozen, her kids, or her weight loss a million times, constantly making every topic about herself or her views and just getting an attitude and then completely checking out of the discussion when she couldn't. Whoopi ain't chit either but she knows how to work with a panel much better. She doesn't suffocate the show with boring, awkward self indulging segments of her doing crafts, having a former overweight person come on just to tell her how awesome and inspiring she is, or bringing little kids on just so they can sing Let It Go ad nauseum. She needed to go.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So someone talking about heart health cause Heart attacks kill by the minute is a bad thing or someone promoting weight loss. Yes she got a little Frozen Crazy but Dsney may have been amping that up

I felt Rosie was more laid back and not as in your face as 2006-07 and found that refreshing

• Members

I'll say it again, but both Rosie O and Whoopi were not good for the show.

Rosie O. might have appeared more subdued this go-around, but I have to wonder if that was due to being told backstage to act like that and not by choice. I do have to wonder if perhaps Rosie O. can't handle the daily grind of a talk show and also have a successful marriage?

Whoopi also has employed the same bullying tactics used by Rosie O in the past. Perhaps, both should go and we bring on actually credible news people to be on the panel.. especially since The View is part of the ABC news division now (or did I misread that?).

• Members

The biggest thing is bring Bill Geddie back. He was the heart and soul of the view. Fire Bill Wolff. I hated Rosie this go around she was dull, seemed bored and never really gelled with this group. The only time i saw Rosie be more like hersekf is when whoppi was on medical leave.Rosie and Whoppi are way to big of personalities to be on the same panel. It's like putting Jennifer Lopez and Mariah Carey on the same panel it doesn't work. Nicole who I was really tough on has improved. Rosie Perez is terrible she looks lost and not prepared. She doesn't come off very smart at all.

• Members

They need to bring back Joy, honestly. I second having a Brinks truck parked outside of her house. I hope that her return as a guest co-host was somewhat of a test but I don't know that she'd return. Has she said anything anywhere about whether she'd consider going back or not? She seems to love the show but at the same time seems content with having moved on.

Whoopi has been a major reason I've watched over the years but I think it's probably time for her to go as well. It's been a nice, solid run. It's time to move on. (Add me in as another one who LOVED her sitcom on NBC).

I'd adore Meredith and Lisa and Star and Joy all being brought back but none of them will probably ever come back as a permanent host. They should. Although I probably wouldn't go with Star again.

I also noticed how they've somehow pulled Babs into the show as a guest host every now and then. I have to LOL when Whoopi says "it's been a while but Barbara is back" ... um, not really. I feel like she's been on at least once a month if not more than that. It's almost like before where she'd be gone for days and then show up for an episode. Not much different IMO. I'm glad to see Barbara return. I was tired of her by the time she retired but I'd take her back, too. I think having her guest co-host on Friday's is a smart thing to do.

I do find it interesting they've pulled out Joy and Barbara.

I'd only keep Nicolle Wallace. She's a bit boring but I really do like her. A lot.

The show needs a solid panel. These guest co-hosts have GOT to stop. Seriously. Enough. It was awful when Rosie P. AND Whoopi were both off the show in January.

Stacy London would be a good choice but I don't find her all that interesting TBH. I've liked Michelle Williams co-hosting. She has some spark to her. Carolina Bermudez had some spark as well. I love Rosie Perez as a person and I'm so on the fence about dumping her but I say have Bermudez replace Perez, keep Wallace, bring back Joy, keep Whoopi for one more year (to transition the show) and find a fifth cohost. Stop this guest co-host crap.

Why do they seem so unwilling to fill that fifth chair? They haven't had a true fifth co-host in ages.

• Members

It's been nice having five co-hosts so far this week. Consistent. That's what is needed. The never ending guest co-host thing has to stop.

Samantha Ponder and Stacy London are so being tested out, IMO. Stacy looks very comfortable at that desk.

I'd be OK with this panel.

I still think they need a complete and total overhaul but I don't know that they think they do. So if those were the two co-hosts, I'd be fine with it.

Edited by KMan101