The View

YRBB

• Members

I don't think Whoopi has been the problem. She's been the sole survivor of the last several seasons. People enjoy her. As much as I like Rosie O...and I do,...I just think she hates to share the spotlight. She was trying to turn the show into a knockoff of her old show, and that's not what The View has been. It's supposed to be about women of various ages/stages of life sharing their opinions, whether they are alike or different. Every time someone didn't agree with Rosie, she got loud. I didn't expect to like Nicolle as much as I do. I think RP may go, just because of her other projects. I hope she doesn't though. It's nice to see someone that understands sports comment on them on this show.

I like Collins/ Simone and Cristela/ London. Hopefully they will find a way to set a panel of regulars for next season, and it doesn't have to rotate so much. Joy is definitely someone they need with an election coming up, if only two or three times a week.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Whoopi's not the problem. She's still popular and you can tell the audience loves her. IMO Whoopi is the glue trying to hold that show together, surprisingly. They need to pick two co-hosts (with Joy filling in a few times a week and still listed as co-host, because I don't see Perez sticking around) and stick with a group for a while. They need to rebuild the show by having consistent co-hosts for more than a season or two. The last thing they need to do at this point is kick out Whoopi. And Whoopi's got a year left, she could very well leave on her own after next season.

• Members

Whoopi has been the problem for AGES. She's ignorant and doesn't allow people to express their opinions if others don't agree with it. In the moderator position she is a disaster. She was good at first, but it's obvious that it's just about the money at this point and she is sucking the life out of the show.

• Members

I actually enjoyed seeing Sherri again. Who'da thunk it? LOL

I like Whoopi. She does let others get their opinions across but when she shuts someone up, I often agree with her. I don't see her as the problem at all. She's still a huge draw for The View. She's a problem because she does what she wants, I can see producers hating that, but they aren't going to dump her. She'd leave on her on. And honestly she's never been shy about saying she's there for the paycheck but she also does seem to genuinely like that she can do what she does on the show and supports the idea of women having a conversation. She also quickly comes to it's defense. They need to find a viable replacement though because she's not going to do this forever. She's already been on the show 8/9 years at this point.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Nicolle Wallace has come to life fromher early days on the show, and I enjoy her, even when I don't agree with her...(Unlike Hasselbach, who was shrill and whiny). NW has a great sense of humor, and has become a favorite of mine.

You can see that Rosie O caused a lot of tension among the co hosts, as they are all so much more relaxed now.