• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Tara Setmeyer is pretty cool. I don't think of myself belonging to any political party, but I've always believed in hearing other people's perspectives. I may not always necessarily agree with them, but all in all, it's their perspective and I respect it. Not always agree, but I respect their point of view. 

I thought when Meghan McCain announced her departure, they would have automatically asked Ana Navarro to come onboard as regular co-host. In the end with Meghan McCain, she wasn't likeable anymore. And I think the birth of her baby changed a lot of how she was feeling at that time. But, as cool and laid back as Whoopi is, if you piss off Whoopi, then that's really saying something. I think I read an article about ABC having a new president Kimberly Godwin? But, Whoopi and Joy (and I think Sonny) had some words with how they felt about the show and Meghan in her office.

I do miss hot topics and I still feel like the show is missing something. I think for me, I want to see consistency. I want to see 5 ladies regularly at that table Monday through Friday, lol!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

One thing I’ve never agreed with Rosie about this incident is that it was set up by the producers as evidenced by the split screen. While they certainly should have gone to commercial and let things cool down, instead, salivating over the fight knowing it would make headlines, it was clear that the argument grew organically. Rosie has said that the split screen needed to be set up in advance (which she knew from the days of having her own show), but that is simply not true. We were doing split screens live in my seventh grade TV production class. They only went to split screen so the TD didn’t have to keep cutting back and forth between cameras in such a heated confrontation and risk missing something. If they were seated next to one another, it would have been a two shot.