The View

YRBB

• Members

The View was almost on the verge of being canceled before they became a relevent news talk show.  They still bring on many people outside of the political realm and discuss crazy things that help keep it light for a portion of the show.  I like the mix and enjoy the the discussions on everything.  I truly wish that Ana could become a permanent host, but I guess I'll have to be happy with 2 days a week.  

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I agree. It was a necessity to be moved to the news division. It was struggling bad. The rotating hosts, the inability to decide on 'serious' or 'fluff' ...

Same on Ana. I love her like everyone else does. I'll take what I can get. I think she likes commuting (New York to Florida or Washington DC isn't a big deal) but I'd love her everyday.

• Members

That rings a bell. She probably is.

I didn't see any tension or meanness. I can maybe see a misunderstanding or something. Ana's blunt and takes no [!@#$%^&*]. Mean doesn't seem to be 'her'. But I get it was, OF COURSE, "behind the scenes".

I like Debbie but she seems a little overly sensitive and it seems ... curious, to me.

I keep seeing this talk of "women hating each other and being catty" but I've never really seen much of it with the panel we have. Like ... that mantra needs to go away. Women can debate and get upset with each other. We have to change this 'catfight' narrative. When it's a real catfight, you know it.

It's like people keep clinging to the Elisabeth/Joy/Rosie O years.

But I mean look how the 'media' interpreted Katie Couric's book and made it 'scandalous'. When it's really not.

Society LOVES pitting women against each other. This still hasn't changed. Yet "boys will be boys" and have literal you know what contests to prove who is better. It's just so blatant.

I think people just can't accept that maybe someone doesn't like you. Took me a long time to get there. Life goes on.

To be honest, she sounds more disappointed to me than upset. And at the same time it also reads like "how dare she not kiss my ass, does she not know who I am! I have a beauty kit for her!" like ... lol 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Exactly. I see you Debbie ... 

I like them and feel the energy is much more watchable without Meghan, but it's become background for me. I'm burnt out like you are I think you're hitting the nail on the head. I don't want "WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE ARE SO HERE'S JENNY AND SHERRI NAKED" but I miss the fun. When they do it it feels forced, aside from Sara and the hilarious reluctant participation of Whoopi and Joy (I like the new school cooking 'segments' because they're relaxed, eating and just having fun).

I think "we're" (the viewers) all getting tired of the 'endless debates' and while they aren't 'fighting' it's exhausting when we're so consumed with it everywhere else. It used to serve that purpose but I'd argue it doesn't anymore. They have to 'read the room'. I'd argue focusing on Hot Topics more 'saved' them but give us some balance. You can tell even Whoopi is kinda checked out on the debating (except when she's really passionate or wants to check someone). I feel her. I also feel like she gives the vibe of "I miss being at home" LOL and I don't blame her.

I know some think Whoopi and Sunny have some underlying dislike but I think Whoopi just gives her a hard time and makes fun of her in a 'girl we cool'. Sunny lends herself to it. You can make anything into 'tension' or 'issues' when in reality ... we'd "know it". You felt it with Meghan. 

Edited by KMan101