The View

YRBB

• Members

With Meghan, I feel her party over country, conservative stereotype attitude isn't an act. Her temper and overall personality just sucked all the oxygen out of the room. I'm sure no one on the panel or on the crew wanted to deal with her again, especially in studio. She got herself kicked off the show and I don't care what she says to the contrary.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I just read a post on Queerty, of all places, that Joy was getting backlash for telling people to come out at Thanksgiving and "be yourself". 

While I am well aware of the click-bate nature of both Joy's remark and Queerty's article, I take exception when people are critical because an off hand comment broadcast to millions does not reflect their individual experience.  Most of the comments were about how Joy didn't anticipate the negative responses that some people have when they come out.  But, that is not a valid argument against the need to be true to yourself, no matter what. I think this is such an irresponsible post to be made on a gay website, which should promote coming out and being authentic. 

The NY Times had an article on the importance of "Friendsgiving" for members of the LGBTQ community who feel alienated from their family of origin and we should celebrate that type of promotion of the need to live authentically, rather than highlight those who choose to maintain relations with people who do not support the community.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Coming out is a very individualized experience. I first did it 8 years ago when I told my mother and it was quite a relief that get that out. Last week I told several family members and announced it on social media which was something that I thought I would never do, but it worked out well because everyone was accepting. How I see it is if people don't accept your coming out and cut you off then that is a way of seeing the truth about them. If you really love and care about somebody you don't cut them off for being gay. Knowing who is truly in your corner in important and even hearing bad reactions is conducive to growth.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...