• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I feel sorry for Alyssa! Today was another one of those episodes where Joy and Whoopie just wouldn’t give her some screentime. They always tried to shut her down during her sentences! Only time they were quiet was when Chelsea Handler came on!

The way they treat Alyssa gives me some Elizabeth Hasselbeck Flashbacks! It’s starting to become a Elizabeth 2.0-scenario!

• Members

I certainly don't "feel sorry for her!"  She's one lucky lady to have quit the Trump White House when she did and land in a cushy, high profile job like The View.  

I actually think she's being treated very well by the rest of her co-hosts.  She seems to think, that because of her political background, her opinion is the only valid one.  I don't mind her like I have some of the other conservatives from the show.

• Members

For me with Alyssa, (and many of the women who've been stuck in that chair), it is the predictability of their responses that makes them uninteresting and easy to combat.  They reduce conservatism to culture wars, cancel culture, and anti-woke-ness without espousing true republican values like reduction of federal government and constitutional original-ism.  

So, any topic from gun control to TikTok dances is always going to get a reply that corresponds with her morality that individual expression is never as important as the judgement of the culture.  Because her perceived membership in the majority means that she's part of the team that always get to set the rules, and any force that might disturb that privilege is the enemy.