The View

YRBB

• Webmaster

Not for nothing but "The View" is having a terrible 25th season in terms of viewership, albeit it's still rated higher than most daytime talk shows and news programs. However, compared to how the show performed just one year earlier its ratings are in the dumps. Sure, last year was an election year. I'll admit that.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was wondering. I don't follow the ratings closely anymore. 

The show is far more palatable without Meghan McCain, I'm back watching regularly. I guess folks 'hate-watch'/watch during a combative political/election season ... interesting they're in the dumps. I wonder if people are just ... tired. It's been a rough 4-5 years ... I think people are looking for more of an escape and less 'debate hot topics'. But just a thought.

Also, I assume, a large amount of the population aren't being 'seen' on the panel at the moment so I guess they aren't watching. 

And while I love the current panel, I feel like it's also a bit ... tired too. The more I talk out loud, the more I can see why ratings are down.

Also wanted to add I'm enjoying seeing past co-hosts come back to the table. Sherri Shepherd fit right in like it was nothing. It felt like a test to me but I doubt she needs The View money at this point.

Meghan is also bitching about the work environment. It seems only a select few have an issue working on the show. They want everyone around them to bend and cater but give nothing back. Sometimes the problem IS YOU. 

I will agree with her the show needs stronger leadership. It's clearly gone to [!@#$%^&*] without Barbara behind the scenes cracking the whip. But at the end of the day, Meghan seems like she's not a very happy person and I wish she'd look deeper into herself. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

https://www.salon.com/2021/10/20/meghan-mccain-fumes-over-her-princess-of-arizona-snl-portrayal-laughing-stock-of-the-country_partner/

These parodies were extremely mild, especially compared to SNL of many years past, which would have roasted her alive. She has no talent, no value as a human being, and is married to a hideous lump of dogshit. Now that her father is gone, she can only get by on being a professional victim for people who probably spit at her whenever she leaves the room.

• Members

Yep on Meghan.

And yep, excellent point. People were literally *at home* last year. LOL. And it helped it was an election year. I can see why ratings are lower.

I've said it before but Meghan McCain is a political commentator. She's just not built to be a host for the show. They gave her a chance to grow out of being just a political commentator but she couldn't do it.

She refused to engage when she had no interest in the topic (at times I did laugh at her hardnosed refusal to comment), 99% of the time she was grimacing, bitching, pouting ... you could feel it in the air. You knew how she'd be with certain guests. She is a very "me me me" person. I, personally, would have loved to see her "loosen up" because a part of me thinks she has it in her, but she's soooo stuck in her "role" as a political commentator.

Candace Cameron Bure can also have a seat. She acts like she's America's Sweetheart but she's always given me "bitch" vibes.

Sometimes the problem isn't the workplace. It's you.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I hadn't realized until Meghan's appearance on WWHL that her memoir is an Audible Exclusive (aka no reputable publishing house wanted to give her a contract).  I had wondered how she turned around her story so quickly after being dismissed, as it turns out it was because there was no editing required.  I remain as unimpressed by her autobiography as I am with her follow up to The View being a contract to write articles for the Murdoch's the Daily Mail UK. 

• Members

She really seems to be. But gotta get attention for her 'book' LOL.

Anyway, back to on-air, you could see the relationship between Whoopi and Meghan deteriorate. They tried to give Meghan room to grow but she seemed to stubbornly refuse. You could also argue she and Joy tolerated and almost liked each other at the beginning. I'm trying to figure out when it all went so sour. Meghan wanted everyone to bend to her but she clearly gave nothing back. Whoopi and Joy just gave up on her and she kept digging her heels in.

I see Eboni is wanting a gig on the show. Not a bad choice but I don't see her as 'conservative enough' and Sunny fills the attorney role on the panel. If Sunny leaves, sure.

I've been seeing some discussion on social media about how it was bad for The View to be moved under the ABC News division, but I'd argue it actually helped the show. I do wonder if they're missing 'the fun' they used to have though. Sure a lot of it was forced 'acting' or trying to cook, but I think focusing on hot topics and solid guests is a better choice. Thoughts?

Edited by KMan101