As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

The article is great - thank you.  Has the flashback episode ever turned up on YouTube?  I was trying to pinpoint the dates based on IMDB credits, but Prunell doesn't seem to have ATWT in her IMDB credits, and Litt is credited for three episodes from 1994, which I know must have been too late for this.  (Is that just inaccurate or did George appeared in additional flashbacks during the climax of the Royce story?)

What were Caleb, Kirk, et al so mad at Lucinda about this time, I wonder?

Edited by DeliaIrisFan

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ha..I miss the Mona Lisa..."Where do you want to go eat..."  "Oh, I don't know...well...how about the Mona Lisa"...."Wow, great idea!" as if it wasn't ATWT's only restaraunt! As much as I loved the Mona Lisa and all the plot lines converging, (and it always did feel like the end of a real day when they went there..) I forgot how ugly the set was and how anyone could ever eat at those small table?

Earl was so boring(and that name...) Granger would have made a better gay foil for Lisa then her husband...I loved Lisa, but besides Bob and Grant, all her lovers and husbands were not that interesting...she was more fun mixing it up with everyone, so it would have been fun to see her with a gay friend, snarking on Lucy and Suzi Q and Ole Johnny together.  Trying to make Grant a suspect had to have been one of Marland's worst mysteries..uptight, solid Grant who was fooled by Joyce's fake brain tumor would not be a cunning murderer, and you would have to be blind to not see the new character who was suddenly involved in everything was the culprit.

I am in the minority, I found Bryce's Craig to be a whiney puss, constantly on the verge of tears about a woman in his life, and his propping of Lily was the worst out of all the Lily propers in town. So the new Craig was weird and didn't add up. 

• Members

Back when daytime soaps had budgets! Today’s daytime soaps could never afford the likes of vintage Bill Blas or Oscar De La Renta. Today, you’re lucky if you see an actor dressed in an outfit from Etsy. Nothing against Etsy as I have a handmade playsuit from there but the rich people who are supposedly dripping in designer clothes dressed up in clothes I see on Etsy makes me giggle a little.

• Members

Thanks.  I couldn't find it on YouTube - most of the last couple of weeks of January are absent, and now that I think about it, I have a vague recollection of SOD issues being post-dated.

Although I did notice some B&W flashbacks in episodes around that time featuring James Rebhorn's child molester character and his mother from back in the day, which I couldn't bring myself to watch.  Maybe someone in the wardrobe department had negotiated a good deal on a bulk purchase at an estate sale?

• Members

One thing about Black and Stern as headwriters-they brought back Paul and Ryder(Teddy) 2 characters that were related to the core, who older viewers knew rather than invent some newbies.

Later we had Eddie Silva and Georgia Tucker as the new young lovers- two characters that had no connection to the Hughes/Stewarts/Snyders-annoying when there were viable characters from those families offscreen.