Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It aired from february 1986 to may 1992. For some years one full episode from monday to friday at 3,30 PM after All my children. Then half episode a day from monday to saturday in morning slots. It was cancelled just right before the beginning of Marland Years (autumn 1985). I guess it started around 1982 or early 1983 Us episodes. While GL was popular in Italy, ATWT had a smaller audience and was less covered by the press. Maybe there were so many soaps and telenovelas in daytime at the time, so the competition was too strong, especially when the tv network that broadcasted the show didn't bother to do any kind of good publicity to gain new viewers. 

The first one is a may 1985 episode. Marisa Tomei said it in a line. 

• Members

My favorite part of that partial episode was Lisa digging at Holden for taking Aaron from Iva. Loved it. 

Not as dull as some of the 1993 episodes I've seen, probably helped by certain characters not being on. Still those traces of Marland's ATWT, like everyone hearing about the trial even if they weren't involved. 

I'm reminded of why I never really warmed to Martha's Lily when she returned - she just wasn't suited to play the more mature, business-involved Lily, which is probably why she was regressed by the next year.

Always glad to see Janice, so smooth...other than her hatred for Lily, which she never could hide.

Nice, restrained performance from Liz Hubbard, and a reminder of the heart Lucinda could have.

This isn't long before they had Emily go off the rails again. KMH was...fine here, but as always back then I couldn't help missing Melanie Smith (who is being interviewed on Locher Room today - hope I will be able to watch).

• Members

Well put! There’s a part of the post Marland era of ATWT 1993-95 that will always hold a special place in my heart but at the same time the show was in a transitional flux until Culliton come on in 1995.

I didn’t think 1993 was a bad year overall, though the lowlights were Aaron’s custody, Lila and Iva’s exit stories, and of course the show getting bogged down in Hutch/Rosanna/Woody/Linc/Debbie Simon mess. 

At the time I was happy Martha was back and enjoyed Lily with Damien. To me I feel Lily had already regressed back in ‘92 and Heather was just underwhelming with the material compared to the 1990-91 material where she excelled at. Idk, at the time I never cared for Heather but watching in retrospect I’ve grown much fonder of her. 

I wish Janice had stuck around for years to stir Oakdale’s pot. 

I didn’t mind KMH’s Emily with Royce and I liked her time with Jeff. Once Emily got into bed with Diego, it was all downhill from there for the next 14 years. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

I do feel like the show lost most interest in Lily herself as Heather's time in the role progressed. The changes in 1992 made sense to me and I thought Heather played them well, but it's strange to see the material here that would have been more suited to her (although Martha likely had more chemistry with Paolo than Heather would have). 

By the time of the Jef pairing I thought they'd made Emily so exhausting, but I did like them together. Other than Hal, that was the last Emily pairing I cared anything about.

• Members

now that would have been something to see! wonder if anyoone ever considered it? benjamin hendrickson once told me that hal and margo only became a thing because he and hillary smith started playing around in their scenes wondering if anyone would notice — and did they ever.

i knew margo would always be with tom and hal with barbara. but, i would have been more than ok if hal and margo had wound up together.