Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It must have been a prerequisite for every early 80s soap supercouple to become enmeshed in some adventure storyline. The audio and video issues are unfortunate but Meg Ryan and Frank Runyeon really seem to be having fun in these scenes, the chemistry between them really shows. And Frank is really rocking the early 80s short shorts.

Is that the actress who played Jane, Lucinda’s secretary playing the fortune hunter mother to the young woman who is besotted by Steve?

• Members

The only recollection I have is the trivia that David McCallum was once on ATWT, and seeing some publicity photo of Craig on the boat. I don't really have a clue what any of this story is about. But it's nice to see some of this still exists. 

• Members

Craig’s pimpalicious hat game had me chuckling. And with the combination of issue with the audio and video syncing with Craig and Steve each using these odd accents to disguise their voices, it gave an odd effect of sounding like something from a foreign film that was badly dubbed into English. Still it was interesting to watch and Meg and Frank looked to be enjoying themselves.

@DRW50Do you know if a “pre-Jane McDonald” actress Ann Mitchell appeared in these episodes as the mom of the woman who was chasing after Steve?

• Members

Nicolas Coster's passing made me think of Eduardo's last scene, slowly being killed by Orlena. Such a horrifying scene in a way very unique for ATWT, or most soaps, and a moment that led into the last strong story the show ever did. The part was ultimately a waste of Coster's talents, but what a way to go.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The Grimaldi family had such amazing potential and Nicholas Coster was a welcome addition to the cast.  He was one of the few reasons to watch the show as it spiraled out of control after Marland's death.  Killing him off was such a waste -- and yes, gruesome.  Did Coster wish to leave the show?  Or was Eduardo's death a writer/producer decision?

• Members

When Douglas Marland died, I think TPTB made a conscious decision to pare down much of ATWT's canvas, believing that only Marland could handle head-writing a show with such a large cast.  That's why so much was phased out once his final story projections concluded.

• Members

That would have been around the time of OJ. The P&G shows were effectively done in the aftermath of OJ. It's been posted here several times over the years that the big 1995 EP swap did long-term damage to all three shows. It's amazing that two of the three P&G shows made it to the 2000s.