As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I never thought Annie Parisse could act. It's easier to play "crazy" and of course Sheffer loved seeing women degraded and destroyed, so that's what we got. I thought the material was utterly embarrassing trash, and was one of the reasons I stopped watching the show for good around that point.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He did appear in summer of 80 during a writers strike.  He was played by some muscle guy who couldn't act and was involved in that dumb start of the drug storyline, but the show was a mess at that point so they didn't do much with him and I don't think he interacted with Bob much.

It was a shame that the Dobson's killed Melinda off (supposedly the actress was getting too involved as both Zenk and the Dee actress were fighting to be the top heroine of the show...) as she was Kim's niece, Bob's step daughter, Barbara and Frannie's sister....and of course, Lisa was her friend.  So many connections to just get rid of her.

The Julia crazy storyline was during the time MADD was in charge and foisting similar storylines on her two shows...(David comes back with a new face, as does Annie) and since the Annie storyline was popular and they were trying to make Jack and Carly into Josh/Reva.  At least ATWT never got a clone, or a stupid fairy tale island.

• Members

Join us as we pay tribute to the beloved Kathryn Hays live in The Locher Room on Thursday, November 17th at 3 p.m. EST / 12 p.m. PST. Kathryn joined the cast of As the World Turns as Kim Sullivan Reynolds Dixon Stewart Andropoulos Hughes in 1972 and remained with the show for 38 years until the world stopped turning in September of 2010. Her long-time co-stars and friends Larry Bryggman, Eileen Fulton and Don Hastings will help us celebrate the life of this beloved mom and actress. Joining Larry, Eileen & Don for this tribute are Kathryn’s real-life daughter Sherri Mancusi as well as her on-screen daughters Mary Ellen Stuart and Claire Beckman. Don’t miss this very special tribute to a very special lady we all loved and miss. See you on November 17th in The Locher Room.

• Members

I am going to be emotional watching this one. Kathy Hays/Kim was one of my favorite daytime dames. She exuded the energy that reminded me so much of my grandmother--loveable yet no nonsense. It was be the icing on the cake if Alan was to pop a surprise in there in the form of Julianne Moore. I know that won't happen, but if it did, I wouldn't be surprised as Julianne is such a class act and clearly had love for Kathy. 

• Members

October 2 1962 Penny Hughes Baker is suffering from amnesia after Jeff is killed in a car accident. Doug Cassen comes to see Penny to see how she is doing. Chris and Nancy Hughes agree with Doug its time Penny goes to see her house to see if that will bring her memory back. While at the house Penny seems to fighting the memories she is too afraid to face.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The millions of us who've had the pleasure of seeing her in, I think 5 Broadway shows (maybe 6) would disagree about your opinion on whether or not she could act. She is a spectacular actress which an incredible range of emotion and types of characters she can play. Julia's descent into madness was such an enjoyable storyline to watch, mostly because of her performance. Now, I do agree they brought her back one too many times, but that's what you do when the entire cast, crew, writing staff, etc. love an actor. They happily bring them back whenever the actor wants to return.

• Members

I didn't see it before, WOW Eileen and Don!!!! So good to see them!!!

So Before I Forget, Did Any Jennifer Bassey As Lisa Surfaced???? I know Betsy Von Furstenberg, Jane Powell and Maeve McGuire Episodes appeared, Carmen Duncan's Have been easy to find for a long time, And I don't expect to find Any Pamela King So Jennifer is the sole missing piece