Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think Jack and Carly had one good story the last 5 years of the show. They just threw stupid obstacles at them. Rudimentary soap couple stuff. Carly does something dumb, Jack treats her like garbage, oh look another woman. And it was relentless, they were never not frontburner.

• Members

I have this written down as February 20, 1967 from an earlier source. I can't immediately recall the source, but on the surface that makes more sense to me as February 20 was a Monday, whereas January 20 was a Friday. Seems like an odd move to debut color on a Friday?

• Members

Definitely the most tortured couple for sure. Jack dies and comes back alive with amnesia, Carly messes up Jack’s career, Carly sleeps with Simon, Jack sleeps with Katie, Carly had mysterious illness, Carly sleeps with creepy ventriloquist guy, both sleep with their best friends, the insanity that was Juicy Janet and then of course alcoholic Carly was stuck in her own hell with a twisted triangle between her, Craig and Rosanna.

Thank god they actually ended with a happy ending. Yeesh.

• Members

Can I just say that it ALWAYS bothered me that Wally Kurth was wasted as Sam the rapist? I always felt that they should've recast him as Seth or Caleb, as he had good chemistry with Maura. 

I always felt the show wasted Billy Warlock and Stuart Damon too. Yes, they were snatch and grabs, but they could've easily been cast and legacy characters instead of stupid characters no one cared about. Stuart could've easily been a Don recast. And Billy could've easily been Scott Eldridge or Duke Kramer. 

• Members

The show also wasted Carl T. Evans who had previously portrayed a teenage Alan-Michael Spaulding on Guiding Light in the late 1980s, by making him, yes, you guessed it, a thoroughly disposable “villain of the month”, to paraphrase @soapfan770.  I had forgotten that the show wasted that much talent in their final years.