Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Did you see that I got your answer for you & posted it the other day? I am just betting that you did not. Okay, well, Scott said her hair dye gave her a bad reaction & she actually lost some hair to it, so while the hair grew back in, she wore a wig. He doesn't have any recollection of why she was wearing a brown wig instead of a blonde wig.

• Members

Totally strange! The brown didn't look right on her at all! And, she was being romanced at that time. And, as woman if we're going to be vain, and we are, when we're being courted is definitely a time when we are! I am stymied as to why she didn't get a blonde wig that looked just like her hair. Maybe it was a wig that Hair & Makeup had that she could have or something like that where one's frugality beats out one's vanity. The whole thing is just awful though. I told Scott he had no idea. Nothing is worse than your hair dye turning on  you!

ATWT fans, I apologize for going on off-topic. If you don't know Beverlee then just imagine we've been talking about Kim/Kathy Hays & maybe you can forgive us.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Tonksadora
sorry off-topic

• Members

Beverlee McKensey was a much better actress than Katheryn Hays, in my opinion.   The characters that she played on Love Is a Many Splendored Thing, Another World and Texas were also much better characters than the one that Ms. Hays played on As the World Turns.

• Members

Well, since you don't seem to know it, I'll have to fill you in. You completely missed my point which was just to evoke an actress from ATWT to explain to anyone who didn't know Beverlee just what kind of conversational thrall we were in. I could've said Lisa/Eileen. I could have said Lucinda, etc. But I was not attempting an equivocation. NOT AT ALL. For the record I think Beverlee is a goddess & one of the most talented actresses who has ever lived and it is nothing short of a travesty that she did not win multiple Emmys much less not even one. And you left out Beverlee at GL as Alexandra where she gave Master Class performances 4 days a week. YouTube Alexandra humiliates Roger in front of the whole town at the country club. No one can do better.

Now ATWT fans, I'm sorry again. And, Happy Birthday to Julie Andrews!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

This series doesn’t seem to have gotten many views but some of you may find the discussion interesting. There is actually a more recent discussion featuring this woman Elana Levine with The National Arts Club but the unfortunate issues with the audio make it a challenge to listen to.

I am not interested in posting in other soaps threads, anyone who wants to can feel free to post/embed video from the original link.

• Members

I have this book. Refer to it often. Quote from it. Paraphrase it. E-mail her on occasion. Met her once. Swear by the book. The poor thing has actually come apart at the binding & is in 3 pieces. My favorite quote is: "For soap opera, the past always matters, bearing upon the present and shaping the future." - E. Levine (HER STORIES, 3)

• Members

^^I always loved how Lucinda doted on Bianca. People might criticize how Lucinda was supposedly made the controlling, out of control heavy presence in both her daughters lives but I contend that her relationship with Bianca offered a different view, especially since Bianca willingly received Lucinda’s affection, in a way that Lily and Sierra sometimes found smothering.

• Members

I began watching 3 soaps at one time. All 3 were what my mother watched. 2 from the Irnaverse - AW & ATWT & one from Corday who of course had Irna involved in it, too, DOOL. That was August 1975. Since then I do believe I've watched 20 different soaps! Now I watch both DOOL & GH.