As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members
Just picked this up off of a tweeter named Ron ... Hope I'm not duplicating anything.

Please register in order to view this content

I’ll never forget what a beautiful fall day it was 12 yrs ago & how I felt watching this finale. 56 yrs of American pop culture ended on September 17, 2010. At 2 o’clock, I’m going to stop whatever I’m doing & just think about how much I loved “As The World Turns.” #ATWT

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, I had brought Eddie up to speed & he had in turn brought Roger up to speed & they talked & Eddied talked to me again & it was from that point that I wanted to try to talk to the fellow but in either a PM or email setting not group. Roger & Eddie agree that P&G would not have done this whack idea that came out of Zenk. And, that is why I brought him back up.

• Members

Jesus! I don't remember Angel being this kooky as a child, but it could be when I started to pay attention to soaps, she was being phased out with Seth. 

The more I watch episodes from this era, the more I can see why Courtney was annoying to the audience. She gives stage 5 clinger vibes. It is like every scene she pops up in, she's moping after Andy, who painfully is annoyed by her existence. I don't see how Marland thought this character would be an ingenue the audience would get behind.

• Members

My goodness! Everyone was trying to get some action in Oakdale!

I don't know why Bob was insulted by Kim's worries. I think she made a valid point. Why should she sleep with Bob if he can't prove whether Susan does not have an STI or not? I wish we still had poignant conversations like this on soaps nowadays. REAL conversations. Many people still question the status of their lovers before hopping into bed. 

God, I miss Oakdale. I've been finding myself falling down an ATWT loophole and I don't regret it. 

• Members

I grew up with Martha's Lily being my Lily; however, I find myself loving Heather's interpretation more and more with each passing episode. Even though Lily was the 'ingenue' of the show at the time, she was cold and vampish. So much more refreshing than traditional Lily, who was preachy and saccharine. 

I love the sound effect of the frog going ribbit. During Lilly and Holden's scenes. Lilly did look amazing in that white dress. This was a really good episode. A smooth jazz version of Janet Jackson's - Let's Wait Awhile. Playing during Lien and Duke's scenes.  So much to enjoy. Why can't soaps be like this, again?

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Don't know why at that point they were hurriedly marrying off core characters like Kim, Carol and Bob to unsuitable spouses(Nick, Steve and Miranda).

None of those pairings were particularly popular and  didn't provide much story. In Carol's case she was a very moral, upright woman and for her to have 3 marriages under her belt so young seemed wrong.

Within a few years all those marriages were over, Nick was dead, Miranda disappeared and Steve was re-invented.

• Members

From the clips on Youtube surrounding Dan's death/funeral, it was painfully obvious that they should've started to have Kim gravitate toward Bob at that time. That subtle scene where Bob told Kim he'd always be there for her would've made me assume they were about to pair them together if I were alive and watching at that time.

Wasn't Marland writing the show for a short stint during this time? If so, do you all think it was his plan to possibly go ahead and pair the duo at that time before abruptly being sent to GL?