As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

It was very notable that Marland canned the whole Lisa-wants-to-get-Bob-back thing when he took over, and I'm glad. It was beneath her at that point IMO, and her friendship with Kim. A fair amount of reference is made to her recent renewed infatuation in '86 but it's from a position of character growth.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can't remember all that  Kathryn  said, but I think it was after Nick and Kim had their  big romantic  rendezvous in Greece. Kathryn said she  got a lot of angry letters at the time. I suppose the P&G audience was not  expecting her to  be in that type of setting relatively quickly (by ATWT standards of that era) after Dan's death.  

They  did have some fans (my mother was a fan of the pairing), but  the little I've seen of them mostly suggests Kim having to stand behind and watch Steve and Nick measuring contests. 

• Members

Yeah, thanks @DRW50, I figured it was something like that.

Sadly, when you know some are in it for the clicks. 

One of the reasons I appreciate what B&B has done, making their episodes available on YouTube. Also, I am screaming

Please register in order to view this content

at the way their YouTube streamed episodes from the 80s are pulling higher caliber ads than their episodes that air on actual broadcast television.