As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

That's my point entirely. If he was a provider but rough hewn or offered a sense of security, I saw none of these things onscreen. Frankly, they weren't even implied. Whit was just there barking at his children occasionally even snapping at Lisa. What is obvious though, is why they got rid of the character.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, but all those guys had some redeeming qualities except for Martin (but he was pretending to be somebody he wasn't).  I just never saw Whit's redeeming qualities. Every time I saw him, he just seemed like an abusive blowhard and never pretended to be anything different. 

• Members

Was there a scene when Whit and Co moved into the mansion or bought the newspaper? 

I read that his introduction was mistaking Margo for Lisa and making a pass at her in her sleep.  But, he seemed so established in Oakdale, with an old mansion full of stuff and a housekeeper, that I wondered if there was an establishing scene when he purchased all of the stuff?

• Members

No one knew that Lisa married...it came after Fulton's three month leave she took during those contract cycles. Lisa appeared and first scene got into a fight with ole Johnny Boy, was at the hospital talking to people etc. There was a rapist who was targeting Lisa's neighborhood and Margo wanted to be a decoy in her house...(how the rapist would just happen to pick Lisa's house when Margo was hiding???) Margo was hiding in her bed when we saw a guy come in and climb into the bed and Margo punched him out...we go to the hospital with Tom and Margo telling Lisa they caught the guy and he is getting his head bandaged and Lisa barged into confront him and then..."That's my HUSBAND"! Which is the first time the audience or characters knew who he was. (it was the Dobsons and they thought it was exciting and funny..)  They lived in Lisa's house while they were building the mansion..."In the cliffs overlooking the town" (uh, first we heard of it and there are no large cliffs in the midwest..) but the Fulton left and it took them a few months to cast BVF and I think that summer they had a party for opening the house.

• Members

Then when  sleazy Brad came on the show, Lisa was wrapped around his finger. And of course James (which I think viewers accepted  more because Anthony Herrera was so charismatic and handsome), and Nick (where Kathryn Hays got hate mail for the pairing). It's a really  ugly time  for many of the women of Oakdale. I think this was  post-Dobsons, but the scene  of  Steve just berating Kim as she stands there helpless and mute always stays with me.

• Members

I feel the need to publicly admit my stupidity because I was today-years-old when I realized that Lindsey Frost is not the same person as Lindsay Crouse.  This whole month I was thinking how odd it was that David Mamet's son played baseball under a different last name.  For some reason I always thought it was Lindsay Crouse (Mamet's wife, best known for Places in the Heart) who was recast as Betsy.