Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Honestly, I would say the last time we ATWT got something truly worthwhile and great was the SoapClassics DVDs and streaming. So, course PGP/P&G/TeleNext or (whatever they choose to refer to themselves as today) had to put the kibosh on it. So great to see folks still supporting that toxicity with apparent zeal.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Interesting...this is right before the ice storm..and Joyce setting Lisa's skirt on fire!  Getting ready for Natalie's return (she is married to the guy who owns the necklace...) and what a missed opportunity that was...and it seems Carol/Steve is a prototype to Betsy/Steve...they are trying to make Bob...more "modern" with the beard...James introducing that ugly ass set that lasted for years...Margo sure changes her tune quick in regards to her feelings toward John, they needed to let their animonsity linger longer..., the David actor was leaving to do the play, and we don't see him again until he has amnesia...I remember the talk of the gun, Lyla had it for a while, etc, so were the Dobson's planning on having John get shot and changed it with that dumb car hitting him? Also, I never understood where they were going with they Haley storyline and the Egyptian tomb and James implying he was coming into money (what happened to the Stenbeck fortune???) This was near the end of the Dobson's first tenure, and the other writer's changed it into a drug smuggling operation. A weird time for ATWT.

• Members

Never a big Steve fan but he lost his ..angry personality with Carol which made him easier to take. I get that was part of his character and Carol/Betsy helped him with that and they wanted to restore it going into the Betsy relationship but man, it is hard to see him yell at people like Kim and she just takes it.  

Going into this I think the Dobsons planned on having Natalie  coming in and having a custody fight over Amy now that Jay was dead and Steve and her have a similar relationship as she had with Jay..the only problem was the casting of Natalie...the actress did not have that kind of sex appeal, and the Dobs left and I think the new writers didn't know what to do with it. I think that Steve and Carol worked but more as supportive friends...(why does every relationship on soaps have to be romantic/sexual) which would have caused problems enough when her friend Steve hooked up with her enemy Natalie taking her to court over custody, etc.

As it worked out the new writers change whatever the Dobsons were planning with the Egyptian artifacts, to James working with/being blackmailed into a drug cartel.  Steve desperate to help his new family and make money, was involved with using his truck to transport the drugs..(as Marland would have him do later) and he was sent to jail for a while, and Carol divorced him and just kind of vanished. During the whole Betsy/Steve thing Carol was never mentioned!