Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

No one is going to confront Goutman about any of those things as he would not agree to the interview otherwise. Much as I find Locher to be cloying, it's not as if he is an outlier. The soap press of the last 20 years has been a shambles, and helped kill the genre.

• Members

Very much agreed. The 'soap press' is mostly a joke and did help kill the genre. They also stopped holding soaps accountable when they veered off track for fear of losing their precious scoops and contacts. I see that now with the 'media' on social media. They refuse to criticize or hold the show/executives accountable and approach it with a 'nothing to see here' attitude. It's more or less the same thing.

• Members

The best statement people can make to voice their displeasure is either to pepper the chat with pointed questions on his disrespect of the show's history and the veteran talent or to just not tune in at all and let the view count shrivel.

It's a waste of my time personally, so I don't plan to watch.

Anywho,

Thanks for the clips @DRW50. This is a period during which I became an inconsistent viewer because school and extra-curriculars got so very busy. Only in the last several years have I been seeing episodes that filled in the storyline blanks with more specifics. Seeing entire episodes of B&B posted online has made me slightly envious, wishing that I could see entire episodes of ATWT in clear audio and visual quality. Even with the mediocre acting that plagued so much of B&B, being able to see a whole entire episode in clear audio and visual quality makes it that more enjoyable. If only we could get more of that for ATWT.

Not only a single episode (of which ATWT has more than quite a few), but the fact that I know the next episode will be uploaded, no missing episodes or storylines abruptly ended due to missing scenes and episodes.

• Members

They did seem to go after the TOLN/PP soaps in a very aggressively negative manner, as if the turf they were protecting were their very own, all because their preferred HWs didnt get to write the online versions of AMC and OLTL.

Well, since I want CG to get as few clicks as possible, I won't even be doing that.

• Members

Yep and I haven't forgotten that they did that. 

And same. I have no interest in Goutman. 

lol nope.

I'd die if he asked "so why was Eileen Fulton sidelined for the last decade of ATWT after speaking out?"

He would never. And part of me gets why. You don't do that if you deliberately want to remain 'neutral'. 

• Members

Exactly. He may know more about the P&G shows but he can't really spill tea or ask people from those shows to. 

Interviewing really isn't his strength. At least in the beginning, in lockdown, the shows had more of the reunion feel. But now that he has continued the show and included folks outside the daytime realm, he should be working on how to be a better interviewer and doing more research on his non-P&G guests. And who knows, maybe he is working on it. I only hope so.

• Members

It makes me wonder whether we'll ever get to see a streamed discussion with Eileen Fulton now. Part of me thinks she may not want to do one after he's been an invites guest. The other part of me hopes that Eileen gets fired up and wants to be a guest on one, if only to "set the record straight".