Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

To me,that KC Collier doesn't seem to fit with soap writer. But I do agree that KC Collier was probably a pen name for Millee Taggart or someone else.

Most likely a scab writer who wrote during the strike.

That happened with Don Chastain on SFT and Donna Swajeski on AW.

P&G probably rewarded writers who stepped in during the strike and were also punishing those writers who went on strike.

• Members

This was put in another thread but I thought that I should place this in this thread too since it involves an actress who once appeared on ATWT decades ago. Jill Powell, who played Marcie Breen, (who, by the way, you cannot tell me wasn't an early antecedent to the Carly Tenney character), has had some struggles in recent years. Hopefully, she has since gotten help. (She could be an interesting person to interview on a podcast, if the so-called soap media actually cared enough).

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/06/nyregion/therapist-and-patient-share-a-theater-of-hurt.html

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Last name of character was misspelled. Thanks auto-correct

If Eileen is up to it. Alan should try to get her on the Locher Room. 

Over the weekend. I binged watched some ATWT from 2005. I only saw Lisa appear in one episode. Only at the very beginning.  In a scene with Dusty and Meg. Everyone is in their own bubble. Characters rarely crossed over. Made me miss the large group scenes Doug used to do. Everything felt off. The stories were forgettable. One of the stories featured was BJ/Katie/Henry. Which was awful.

• Members

Oof, couldn't be me.

Please register in order to view this content

BJ was such a forgettable character. 

Although I was too young to really 'take in' the stories before 1983-ish, familiarizing myself with some 1981 characters via YouTube (what little there is from that era) over the past few years, the closest I can think of the 2005 era-type character where a BJ could exist is the era where a Brad Hollister existed, and even Brad was anchored to other ATWT characteristics who were actually worth watching. 

• Members

Its so weird do see her not looking "Lisa-ish" Colleen Zenk posted on FB that she is trying to track Eileen down and get a number, she called her church and her library or something but of course they would give it out...especially to Babs!!! So it seems that the entire cast lost track of her..I hope she is doing good.

• Members

Not to make this an East Coast soaps vs. West Coast soaps thing, but I have noticed that many of the actresses who have had noticeable work done have been on West Coast based soaps. Many of the actresses, especially those over 40s have been allowing themselves to age more gracefully. Of course, they care and take care of themselves but they seem more likely to still resemble themselves, just a bit older than when we last saw them, rather than drastic, unrecognizable changes.

• Members

Marland was great for using Lisa as a connector between stories...she would start out on one side of town helping a wayward stud or vixen, then stop in at Bob and Kim's for a gab and some recap...then go over to another side of town and trade barbs with John or Lucinda...its so weird that Lisa was involved with so many people (even without having a BIG storyline) either as helper,  or pain in the butt, that she is so forgotten during the last ten years.