As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Locher's first loyalty is to the parent companies, even after all these years, which I can comprehend but don't accept. He did PR for these soaps in their dying days, and many diehard fans recognize that. I don't think his former employment should preclude letting these actors and creatives be candid.

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

alan states on his linkedin profile that he’s actively looking for PR work. so, it’s likely more than just loyalty to previous employers; it how what he’s doing now appears to prospective employers. and he may feel that allowing people to badmouth pgp could jeopardize future work. 

not at all suggesting that the criticism isn’t justified — just that his perspective and interest differ from fans. 

• Members

If that's what he's looking for, he shouldn't be hosting some of these. Based on past reactions we've seen from some guests when discussing BTS stuff, one of these days Locher may regret doing it up with some of these folks and ignoring the elephants in the room and that's all I'll say about that.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I doubt any of us think he could be anything close to a journalist. It would just be good if the actors and writers could talk freely, uninterrupted before he switches topics. I wouldn't have even minded if occasionally he were to interject, to challenge something that was said, if there were a contradiction, but then, like others said, that would require that he do more than cursory research, be able to dig deeper.

In any case, like I said, if there were a full year if clear quality, complete episodes from the mid 80s, I would be watching that channel, and wouldn't care what he does.