• P.J.

• Soapsuds

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Yeah, on the one hand I appreciate the efforts of most of the uploaders, on the other hand, I wish they'd at least get together and build a "Vault" similar to the B&B/Y&R collectors, which I am certain led to the B&B folks streaming classic episodes on YouTube.

Want to hear something truly hilarious? The last video of "B&B From The Beginning" that I viewed on YouTube, P&G ran ads for streaming the episodes? Ain't that a kick in the head?

I've saved a lot of GL/ATWT videos from some of the YouTuber's who have been taken down (unfortunately I missed a LOT) but it would be nice to see a vault created. I have no clue how to do that and they aren't technically 'my' videos.

• Members

I remember when the Hughes family recieved the news of Will/Pa/Grandpa Hughes' death.   Carol Demming Hughes Stallings answered the telephone, and Mrs. Kopechne/Hughes informed Caol or his death.   Carol then informed the others.

What I do not remember is an on-screen funeral for Pa.   It seems natural that there would have been one, and I guess that I missed it.   Was one shown?

Older perfomers Santos Ortega and William Johnstone (Judge James Lowell) were dropped when the show was expanded to a full hour.    The reason given was that the older performers may have not been able to stand a show that had doubled in length.

However, at some time in the 1980s (after I had stopped watching the show), Judge Lowell was brought to the show.     Later, the actor did pass away.    Was there any acknowledgement of the judge's death?

When Ethel Remey died (but had not left the show before her death), the role of Alma was temporarily recast.   Then, Alma departed to take a lengthy cruise.

• Members
16 minutes ago, danfling said:

However, at some time in the 1980s (after I had stopped watching the show), Judge Lowell was brought to the show.     Later, the actor did pass away.    Was there any acknowledgement of the judge's death?

Judge Lowell never made it to the 80s. The last year the character was on the cast list is 1978 or maybe 1979. I don't think he was seen much in the few years prior to that. He was most definitely not on the show in the 80s. 

• Members
3 hours ago, KMan101 said:

I've saved a lot of GL/ATWT videos from some of the YouTuber's who have been taken down (unfortunately I missed a LOT) but it would be nice to see a vault created. I have no clue how to do that and they aren't technically 'my' videos.

Originally, I think that vault contained links to GL and ATWT but the last time I looked, the links to ATWT and possibly GL were gone. It may have been a lack of space issue.

This is my opinion but the only persons who have a genuine claim on these videos are the production company itself, the writers, the actors and some members of the production crew. They, I would think have more right to the content of these episodes than people who recorded episodes and had no hand in creating the content, as enjoyable as it is to see them upload episodes.

Okay, it's one thing to try to profit from your personal edits of episodes, (which I will never understand and seems sketchy at best) but selling intellectual property that you had no hand in creating for personal profit seems illegal, in my opinion. They're lucky that P&G simply hasn't cared enough to go after them.

• Members
3 hours ago, Bill Bauer said:

Judge Lowell never made it to the 80s. The last year the character was on the cast list is 1978 or maybe 1979. I don't think he was seen much in the few years prior to that. He was most definitely not on the show in the 80s. 

Yes, I know that I started watching regularly (instead of it just being on in the background as a kid) in 79 and he was never mentioned. I know that the actor came to the 25th anniversary party so he was up and about and apparently no hard feeling so I wonder if he just wanted to retire? Odd that they just never mentioned him dying off camera. Alma was mentioned when Gregg Marx was Tom as an excuse for Fulton to take her 3 month hiatus at that time, he said she went to take care of her mother, "Grandma" in Florida who was sick. Then Alma was never mentioned again.

• Members
19 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

The song works with the scene. Dusty is being weighed down with school and trying to spend time with Lily. So he's daydreaming as that song starts playing.... If I was a man...a stronger man...a nicer man......etc...

The song completely works for the scene, within the context of everything that surrounds the characters (Lily is also daydreaming about what if Holden were more like Dusty and vice-versa, which plays out later when Lily unexpectedly sees and is shocked by Holden wearing his Miami Vice inspired outfit for the opening of the Mona Lisa) , especially now that I was able to watch the video and listen to a clear recording of the song. I wonder whether the music supervisor, etc. chose the music before or after the scene was blocked and rehearsed? During post production? Or perhaps as soon as they got a copy of the script? It seems tailor made for the scene.

One thing about the video itself. Instead of watching that awkward dancing, I'd rather they just have a slideshow of 1980s Brian Bloom throughout the video, lol.

• Members
5 hours ago, danfling said:

I remember when the Hughes family recieved the news of Will/Pa/Grandpa Hughes' death.   Carol Demming Hughes Stallings answered the telephone, and Mrs. Kopechne/Hughes informed Caol or his death.   Carol then informed the others.

What I do not remember is an on-screen funeral for Pa.   It seems natural that there would have been one, and I guess that I missed it.   Was one shown?

Older perfomers Santos Ortega and William Johnstone (Judge James Lowell) were dropped when the show was expanded to a full hour.    The reason given was that the older performers may have not been able to stand a show that had doubled in length.

When Ethel Remey died (but had not left the show before her death), the role of Alma was temporarily recast.   Then, Alma departed to take a lengthy cruise.

Danfling, 

As another poster stated, I believe Judge Lowell last appeared late78/early 79 as he was not seen at Dan Stewart's funeral.

Granpa Hughes was married to Mrs Kopechne in July 75 and didn't that all happen offscreen? So I presume Santos Ortega was probably unwell and not up to appearing before the show expanded. I imagine the funeral was offscreen also (maybe Penny,Edith and John were mentioned as having been there)

Ethel Remey/Alma was written out due to illness and replaced with Dorothy Blackburn until Alma could be written off. Ethel Remey didn't pass away till 79.

• Members

I didn't know that Dorothy Blackburn ever played Alma. A good role for her, though I adored Ethel Remey. Dorothy Blackburn had the important continuing role of Louella on AW, whose testimony placed Liz Matthews on the scene for the murder of Wayne Addison and thus creating enough doubt for the jury to acquit Lenore.

• Members

Another fall 1992 episode, set right after the other I posted last week. Maybe someone can guess the date. This one has Bob and Susan in Montega, and another of Kim's experimental hair periods.

• Members
1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

One thing about the video itself. Instead of watching that awkward dancing, I'd rather they just have a slideshow of 1980s Brian Bloom throughout the video, lol.

Just press play.

Please register in order to view this content
Edited by Soapsuds