Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

80s ATWT had so many instances of double entendre and innuendo, it's incredible how, as an adult watching episodes, I now see these subtle references sprinkled throughout. Like the episodes surrounding the opening of the Mona Lisa when Sierra and her husband Tonio are sort of on the outs because Sierra called out Craig's name during lovemaking (Sierra had been fantasizing about Craig, in order to ahem, "be" with Tonio. Well, at the Mona Lisa opening, Craig looks at Sierra and says "Thanks for coming", the way Sierra looks back at him, left me thinking that she should have said "Thanks for helping me".

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I remember people saying he was too pretty to be Paul and that it made no sense that Paul would've gotten into the fashion world.

Considering what we got afterwards... A guy who didn't look like his parents and looked older than CZP. Awful loud mouth over the top over rated Roger Howarth.

And Sarah.. My god was she boring!

• Members

Pretty brilliant. It's akin to peeling back the layers of an onion, when you find something new with each viewing.

It's no different than seeing episodes of The Golden Girls as an adult, and picking up references that you didn't "get" when you watched as a child. It's how shows remain relevant, tbh. You can't have every piece of dialogue mothballed in time.

• Members

You are correct. Judge Lowell's last appearance was, I believe, in 1978. 

We never saw Irma. Her entire relationship with Grandpa Hughes took place off-screen. It was cute, to a degree, but after a while, I think most viewers wanted to "meet" the woman who had captured Grandpa's heart.

No, the funeral was televised. Dr. Bob gave a moving eulogy, explaining that Irma was too grief-stricken to be present that day, and was with her family. I would have been REALLY VEXED if the show had skipped right over the service (the way TPTB did with Mary Matthews on AW, Bert Bauer on TGL, Mattie Lane Grimsley on TEON, etc.) I remember Chris Hughes thanking Nancy for being so kind and loving to his father for so many years, and Nancy replied, "Of course, dear. You see, he was MY FATHER TOO." I lost it and sobbed for several minutes. 

• Members

The endless mistakes on imdb, soapcentral, and many other places around the internet is frustrating. It's like fangurls and fanboyz just make stuff up in their heads and post it as "fact." 

Phoebe Dorin appeared to be a decent actress, and she did resemble Rosemary Prinz a lot, but as @Paul Raven remarked, she was not the REAL Penny. Personally, I rejected her instantly, and as I recall, the majority of the audience was said to have condemned the replacement.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Thanks for clearing that up. Do you recall any explanation or reference to Penny,Edith and John not being present?

Obviously Ruth Warrick was contracted to AMC but I wonder if Rosemary might have returned in respect of Santos and an age appropriate actor could play John.

I wonder if she was asked?

• Members

Not to mention that the only romantic interest I could find this Paul having was if Hank Elliot came back.  He and that Sarah look like they should have been on Days...vapid, young pretty things talking about their "corporations" ! But yea, I would take him over dog face any day.