As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Sorry, no it was Kim Hughes I meant. I have no problem for characters reusing clothes like real people but ALL you saw her in was that damn pink suit...lunch at the hotel, dinner at the hotel, all the time. Poor Kimmer, Rauch NEVER knew how to dress her she just was getting bigger (as we all do) and he insisted on those damn pastel biz suits on every charcter...kind of off topic I know..but on topic was when the budget cuts let Zimmer use her own t-shirts etc and it looked totally wrong for aging clothes horse Reva.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A guess on my part but perhaps the production companies behind AMC and OLTL cared more than P&G did at that point. By the early aughts P&G seemed past the point of caring.

The sad thing about filming every other interior as if it were happening at the Lakeview is that you know it could have still been worse-- it could've been shot at The Stratford Arms. Remember that place? Lucinda owned it and it was rumored to be a real dump!

• Members

He probably just asked, tbh.

Others could've been doing what he's doing but over the years, especially since the end of ATWT and GL, I have gotten the sense that the soap blogs out there weren't interested in most of the actors from these shows unless they were on one of the remaining soaps or considered "hot" and "current".

Prinz has relevance and fans of the show need to show up and give these icons their "flowers" while they're still around to receive them (regardless of how we may feel about the host).

All those so-called fans better show up.

In the back of my mind, the thought also surfaces that maybe someone from P&G could look at the views and gauge if there is any interest in doing another collection of these shows (a la SoapClassics). Judging from the views of classic episodes, there would be no reason to do any further box sets in the future.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Not sure if I posted this before.

From Sept 71 shortly before Irna returned (Jan 72)

Winifred Wolfe, who was always listed as headwriter for this time period is not listed, so perhaps she had already departed and they were preparing for Irna's return

Ep # 4007

Air date Sept 23 1971

Writers

Warren Swanson

John Boruff

David Lesan

Cast

Bob

Nancy

Pa 

Simon

Chris