Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Like I said, I think it would have been better in retrospect (especially once Laurie Caso was made aware of her previous role) to have Glynnis O'Connor return in her original role and find someone else to portray Margo.  I mean, I was okay with O'Connor as Ellen Dolan's replacement, but I can see now why others were resistant toward her.

Weren't there rumors about Nancy Lee Grahn being approached to replace Dolan?

• Members

Just ouch!  I imagine, struck with enough force, even a child's hula hoop could leave a mark.  I totally want a hula hoop now, his relentlessly cheerful disposition makes me think I can overcome my winter "blahs" by hula hooping it.

Funny but I could actually picture NLG playing Margo.

Apparently some deplorables/toxic males are claiming that they plan to boycott Gilette and Procter & Gamble after those ads criticizing toxic masculinity ran on social media, over the past week or so.

IMO, those ads were the most interesting thing P&G has done creatively since their soaps went off the air.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

This seems to be one that wasn't already up on that Astheworldstillturns channel. 

I have no idea who that Matt guy is with Iva. He would have been a better match for her than most of her '90s love interests. 

I have seen so little of the Burke and Frannie story and I had no idea that this Gail woman even had her own promo! Marland seemed to always try with these scheming ex-girlfriend or ex-wife characters, like Taylor, this woman, Julie, Marcy, Lilith, etc. They end up being a pretty mixed bag. 

I always thought the guy who played Sean was hot but he also has a tendency to seem completely insane. I have no idea why Frannie wanted to be with him, aside from his looks I guess. They seemed to struggle with where to take MES' Frannie until the Darryl story.

I saw someone in the comments say 1990 was a weird year for the show and I can see their point...

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Oh how hilarious that Gail had her own promo! Especially considering that she spent less time in Oakdale than Laura, Beau's unstable sister who the writers couldn't wait to shove off.  From that promo, one would think that she was going to be around for a long time.

I think 1990 might have been the end result of a lot of upheaval in the previous two years.  Lot of popular characters (and their equally popular portrayers) leaving and the search for more characters that can become staple characters.

From that promo, it almost seems as though Gail was supposed to fit the mold of mid-1980s vixen, Barbara Ryan.

Even though I haven't watched the above episode in a long time, @DRW50 I seem to remember that Matt might have been Iva's therapist.  The last time I watched, I couldn't help but ask "Why didn't they try to carve out a romantic interest been this guy and Iva?!"

Even the first actor who played Jason Benedict, at least seemed closer to Iva's age and closer to the mold of Kirk Anderson (arrogant, sure of himself, etc.) but with the exception of Craig and Kirk, they always insisted on pairing Iva with older men.  The 2nd incarnation of Jason Benedict, came off as more 'sad sack' than sharp, go-getter, like the 1st.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

@Khan Had they both stayed on at the same time long enough, Frannie and Marcy may eventually have gotten that storyline!

Seriously, add this to the list of reasons why ATWT is my favorite daytime soap!

They truly are close.  This was taken a few years ago.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

In the episode, Marisa had one ancestor whose parents were literally unknown, as the child was abandoned (brought to a Sicilian church and left there, likely because the parent(s) were so poor).  The last name of that ancestor D'Ignoti literally meant "from the unknown" in Italian. Perhaps that ancestor had one parent that links to Julianne's ancestry.