Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Interesting bit of trivia about a somewhat minor character: I've often been curious to find out the name of the actress who played Rosa (who worked as John Dixon's housekeeper before quitting and being hired as Lucinda Walsh's cook).  

I happened to watch a holiday episode and finally saw her name on the list of credits.

Rosa was played by Antonia Rey, a Cuban born actress, 89 years old now, whose last known credit was in 2015 on the show Madame Secretary. She also was the voice of Abuela, Dora's Grandma on Dora The Explorer.

Normally, ATWT didn't show her on the credits but I guess they list everyone during the long credits for the holiday episodes.  They even listed the little actors who played baby Bryant Montgomery and toddler Chris Hughes, both actors appear on IMDB, though ATWT is their only known acting credit.

• Members

Sometimes I'd get irritated with Dr. Samuels though, lol. It was like she was telling everybody's business in the middle of the hospital, who was pregnant and needed to tell her husband.

Please register in order to view this content

I'd often be like "Don't you know how to whisper, Dr. Samuels? Don't you have an office?!" while so and so just overheard the entire conversation. I know it was done for dramatic effect but Dr. Samuels was innocently going around spilling everyone's tea.

• Members

Well he did scold at her from an episode I recently watched. He was not happy that she broke up Seth/Frannie. 

I'm guessing he took his feelings about Hal/Margo out on Sabrina, but I was just wondering if it changed and he warmed up to her eventually. 

I can understand Babs being cold to her at first and not liking that she ruined Seth/Frannie, but didn't Barbara later ruin Darryl/Frannie, which resulted in Jennifer?

Frannie should've kept all her men from her sisters. 

• Members

Barbara slept with Daryl before he was with Frannie - several years before. The problem was that she kept the truth a secret - about the one-night stand and about Jennifer (she also kept the latter from Daryl for a number of years). 

Tom was always very close to Frannie and he just never was with Sabrina. He didn't know her. The main time she was in Oakdale was a terrible year for him personally, which didn't help. I think they were friendlier when she returned in 1990, but she seemed to be an isolated character at that point. They should have explored this more in both her stints. They also should have kept Frannie/Sabrina a dual role, as Sabrina on her own wasn't that interesting. 

The whole Sabrina and Seth thing was murky and unfortunate. They tried to claim that he did love Sabrina, was growing in love with her and moving on from Frannie, but if a woman had come across a fiance's twin brother, mistook him for the man she loved, and he had sex with her, it would be called some form of rape, even on a soap. 

• Members

But Babs still did Frannie dirty, which makes her a bit hypocritical for judging Sabrina harshly in previous years. 

Sucks that they never explored Tom's relationship with Sabrina. I take him as someone that'd be close with all of his siblings. Especially, his sisters. Sucks they only had him close with Frannie, but not Sabrina and Scott. 

Did you not like Sabrina/Frannie recasts even though they were played by differ actresses? 

I always felt that Robin Christopher could've been recast for Frannie/Sabrina in later years.

• Members

I don't think Robin had the range. 

I thought Mary Ellen Stuart was a very good Frannie. She was the first Frannie I ever saw and I loved her work back then. I think it holds up now, although I didn't quite realize at the time what a vacuous character Frannie was. They were finally changing that as MES was leaving, and sadly that was the end for the character. 

I didn't watch Claire Beckman's material closely - I guess I should find time to go back and watch some of those episodes while they're up. 

• Members

She left. 

Claire was decent enough. She fit what Sabrina was on paper. It just never quite clicked, maybe because she was never a character. The main reason Marland created Sabrina, IIRC, was because P&G wanted to fire Julianne Moore for not being attractive enough. With Sabrina the show could have Moore as mousy and as Frannie, make her more attractive.