As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

As a matter of fact, @Limenade:lol:, I posted about Ashley Crow and Bill Shanks several pages back.  I wonder if there are any more though?

I'd love to keep a tally of all the ATWT couplings but honestly, I'm too lazy but it seems like it was more than most soaps.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Remember Dr. Audrey Samuels? Some of us often got Dr. Samuels and Dr. Lynn Michaels (Courtney Simon) confused but I came across this wonderful photo of her from August 2016 at 59E59 Theaters. At 80 years young, Maggie Burke looks pretty good.:)

Photo Flash: SUMMER SHORTS Marks 10 Years of Cheeky Theatre at 59E59 Theaters

Edited by DramatistDreamer
forgot to add the name of the actress. Oops.

• Members

The April 95 episodes - was ATWT the last show to use beauty shots? They are one of my favorite parts of soaps, especially these that are one last extra scene. 

I missed some of this at the time - I had no idea they were considering Hal/Shannon (one last insult for Barbara) or Hal/Sam.

The show was so good, aside from wretched Mike and Rosanna, before P&G and that hack Valente butchered it.

• Members

Carly was never the same type of bad girl Julie was - Julie tended to make mistakes and get into one bad idea after another. 

Julie was semi-reformed for most of her run and I think she could have stayed that way. I would have split her from Caleb, had her move in with Lisa again, maybe bring back Pete and bring in Jenny more often to show more of her as a not that great mother who did sort of try. She would have fit into most of Lisa's stories (better written versions, ideally) with the John sham romance and the Hong Kong follies. I would have had her start a design career maybe, working with Carly. And maybe she and Emily's cute boyfriend at the time, Jef Hamlin (one of about three decent love interests KMH had...) could have a one-nighter, which would cause a lot of guilt and regret and then damage her friendship with Emily when the truth inevitable came out. 

• Members

True. Now seeing it, Julie could've lasted a bit longer if she was tossed back in Lisa's orbit and not tied to Caleb. I assumed that the Julie/Caleb pairing following was strong that fans might not've been for it. Would you have kept Caleb or written him off? 

I think that Julie hooking up with Jef could've been good too as Emily had horrible material throughout the mid to late 90s until they had her have an affair with Tom. I thought her pairing with David and Diego were dreadful and did the character no justice. Out of Emily/Diego pairing, the only good thing that came out of the story were the scenes with Em/Margo. That's it. 

Ooo. That would've been interesting (re: Carly/Julie). 

I think it would've been nice (like I did on the fanfic I did for a short time here) if they had went ahead and folded BRO and had Lisa, Carly, and Babs create a new fashion empire/conglomerate together or under WorldWide as a subsidiary. It would've put all the former town vixens together and building friendship. If Lucinda was involved, it could've possibly revived their friendly rivalry, which at times could've provided comedy with them trading barbs. 

So much could've been done with this show in the last 15 years that could've set it up to still be on-air now if P&G was open to it. 

• Members

For me Caleb was Michael David Morrison. Graham Winton was a decent actor but a brand new character - for one thing Caleb was never supposed to be a goody-two shoes. He was the haunted, hurt brother who made mistakes. Seth was the "good" brother. 

I don't know about fan followings for them but I think they could have easily moved Julie into other realms. 

I understand why Valente let some go, and I'm not going to say that Julie leaving was a death blow to ATWT, but I think she and Andy could have easily been kept around and contributed to story. The idea was supposed to be getting rid of all the people who weren't main players, but in the long run, whether it saved a bit on budget or not, it hollowed out the show in record time. ATWT at its best had the structure you currently see on Emmerdale - multi-tiered.