Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Regardless of how you feel about the Darryl Crawford story, watching these individual episodes still left me in awe with the way how story-threads are stitched together.

After teasing us with that inopportune meeting between Barbara and Frannie at the hospital towards the end on 9/22/1992, it's interesting how Marland let it drop the next day (9/23/1992), and only picked it up on 9/24/1992, when the two ran into each other at Tom and Margo's house.

• Members

It was always amazing how Marland connected everything and how he would throw in exposition disguised as gossip (well as gossipy as the uptight Oakdalians could do) that caught us up on everything and let us know what characters know what and where they stand etc. He had no peers there.

• Members

God, I LOVED Jackie Schultz. I don't care if she would've looked too young; I used to dream about her being cast as Hope on GL. I think she could've really stood up to Alan while still having that Bauer feel. She was very effective as Patti on SFT and fit perfectly as Mary Stuart's daughter.

• Members

Last half of an episode. o184btm identified it as June 30, 1992. They also gave a link to a RATSC recap that is full of nicknames (as was the RATSC way) - some annoying, some amusing.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/rec.arts.tv.soaps/kdteuGe0X50/CdSzx8aNyk0J

Andy/Julie = happy me.

Seth seems like he's going darkside here. Odd. I had a good laugh at him sitting down with Scott and casually, endlessly detailing Julie's dirty laundry. I guess that's the Marland way of expository attacks.

I wonder if they were planning anything for Julie/Scott.

Evan - yum yum yum. Looking back I realize one of the reasons I disliked Courtney was because cute Andy and gorgeous Evan wanted her.

Hilarious that Rosanna apparently said no one could understand her troubles. Typical ego on her. This reminds me that she rarely had interaction with Lily, who also filled that poor little rich girl slot. I have a feeling if they'd interacted too much they would have hated each other.

Lisa looks like she's a dictator's wife.

You see the two sides of MES' Frannie here - girl-next-door in those silly overalls, sexy wife in the bathing suit that could have come right out of some type of softcore.

I never cared about Emma/Ned, but the scene of Emma at the door as Ned talks to his daughter is a beautiful performance from Kathleen Widdoes.

• Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpculBwLbJY

This episode was so good. I love a feisty Kim, Lucinda, and Lisa. When those three have a bone, they won't let go.

Babs/Darryl was such a good nod to history. It is practically Kim/Jennifer/Bob all over again. I understood why Kim was upset with Barbara because she was her. Poor Frannie though. Second time a sister bedded her man. First Sabrina. Then Babs. If I was Frannie, I'd keep my spouse away from my sisters.

But I could not handle Kim being mad. I'd melt into a puddle and probably fling myself from a bridge. Kim loves her family so hard but when you piss her off, you better run for the hills. You could tell that Babs wanted to run for the hills numerous times she was telling Kim the truth.

Lucinda and Lisa's rivalry in this episode just pisses me off as to why the show in its final years didn't rehash it. Why not bring back John and Scott? Tossing those two in-between Lucinda and Lisa would've been so good. While I don't agree with Lisa's stance on Lisa/Scott, I understand why she is totally against the union. Especially since Lucinda somewhat caused the demise of Whit financially. Ugh! Just the story potential between these two was so wasted. I could've watched them trade barbs for years.

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

I love the Lisa/Lucinda and Lucinda/John scenes in this. Love the, "I hope you have better luck than your last marriage," "I knew you were going to say that!"

It's so weird to see Iva sitting around encouraging Ellie to have kids with Kirk when Iva deeply loved Kirk and nearly married him.

I'm glad to get to see Kim's reaction to the big lie.

Hal was really endangering himself having all these secret meetings with Frannie. I still wonder if the show planned to put them together.

I'm glad Marsha's mother knew how unhealthy her relationship with "Aaron" was. I like getting to see her family, and their everyday problems.

• Members

Fulton always plays the bitchy barbs with another diva thing well. I love how Lucinda and Lisa are both clawing at each other with their own different styles Lucinda is right..Fulton/Lisa look great in this. I loved Lucinda's "Well it depends on the circumstances...how young and handsome they are!" I wonder if that was an EH ad lib as Fulton lets it fly by. Yes, it really would have been great if they had brought back Scott instead of Craig and had the actor play him. Lisa and Lucinda could have gone at it for years...and really, why not have John and Lucinda marry??? If they arent going to carry a big storyline marry them off so we can see them snarking on Oakdale and each other.

Damn, Kim was channeling her 1960s Nancy Hughes sterness there. I would never want her mad at me and I loved Zenk's look of "Oh [!@#$%^&*],": through the whole thing. Always kills me Oakdales big secrets are known to everyone but the main person...."Tom and Margo know too????" and sure enough, Lisa knows who everyone's baby daddy is too. I hated Daryl and the guy who played him..and the show slides to a halt whenever it goes to Snyder land. I liked the hot mobster but he sure is not as intimidating as Beacrofts one.

Still amazed at how dark the show was in lighting.

• Members

I guess the lighting fit the tone at that point.

There was such a hubbub over Hubbard's ad-libbing, both on this show and The Doctors, but generally she doesn't add lines that feel forced or out of character. Maybe they derail the scene just a bit, but not seriously. I'm pretty sure the, "I'm sure he twisted your arm," "He did! It hurts" bit was an ad-lib too, but it works and adds some unpredictability and fun.

I also get the feeling Fulton and Larry are the ones who had John and Lisa as a bit salty in their scenes together, as there's no real reason for them to be having a chummy dinner together (Lisa wasn't that close to any of those people).

I like when the characters learning the truth get the "Tom and Margo?" response (Frannie did too). It was a good way for Marland to reinforce their role as honest and as a tentpole couple.

Edited by DRW50