Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Courtney and Hans had a show-down of sorts.. and there was an explosion and Courtney was trapped under the rubble. I think Andy was taking pictures of the site and I don't recall if he knew it was Courtney under the rubble or not. I do remember once Courtney found out, she exploded.. stating he cared more about getting the story/perfect photo as opposed to human life.. or something like that. She left him and moved out of the country.

He then sought comfort from unbalanced Janice.. who was an interesting character that I was surprised lasted almost two years before being carted off to prison (Kim tackling Janice to prevent her from escaping was pretty awesome)

• Members

Thanks, I definitely still have those nightmarish memories of Hans holding Lily captive but I still don't recall Courtney being involved at all, in fact I thought she was long gone by this point. Then again, I didn't remember the Kingsley family of Kingsley-Marta at all either. Too many characters to remember?

Janice was divine, a refreshing change after the Debbie/Linc debacle.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Andy didn't know Courtney was under the rubble. That was one of her sticking points - why was it acceptable if he hadn't known it was her?

It was a silly reason to break up with him, but I never liked her and I never liked Andy/Courtney so I was just glad to see her split.

The show really did have too many confusing mentions of various companies and characters by this time. Even Marland had overdone it somewhat in his last few years. Without him? Good luck. I still remember Holden going on about Meridian or whatever for much of 1994. I didn't care. I never cared.

Janice was terrific. That whole story wasn't really typical of ATWT and that's one of the reasons it worked - that and Holly Cate. And it was the first time we'd seen a malevolent person use the warmth and kindness of the Hughes family against them.

• Members

I hated Andy and Courtney together too. Andy's over the top caring about taking photos was dumb as hell….LOL Their breakup made me happy too.

I like Janice and the actress and her story with Kim but the ratings weren't great for it. I don't know why the viewers didn't warm up to the storyline.

• Members

I didn't hate her, per se (Rosanna I hated) but I thought she was a sanctimonious, whiny drag, with a whiny voice, who always showed up to look annoyed or lecture people (generally Andy).

Compare any scene Andy had with Julie to any scene he had with Courtney in the early 90's and you will see why I was so bored/annoyed with the latter.

(I didn't want Julie and Andy back together romantically - I just loved their friendship; it was so different to anything on most soaps)

She quit.

• Members

Too bad Cate had quit because I had enjoyed her so much yet she was soon forgotten whereas people still talk about Julia Lindsey.

Rosanna should have been written more like Victoria Newman and not Lily 2.0 or Carrie Brady I think Yvonne Perry's run would have been better had it been.

• Members

It was a different era, and she wasn't in stories that were as ridiculously campy as Julia's were. I'm sure Sheffer would have had her rape Andy for a ha-ha moment, and people would remember, but if that's all people remember godawful Annie Parisse for, it's not much of a legacy.

• Members

I actually had just remembered the shooting a dead body, horse killing, and blowing up people parts only until you said it....wacko.pngwacko.pngwacko.png

Cate's Janice was definitely up there with Sheila, Annie, Claire McIntyre etc. for that era but somehow we ended up with Emily as Oakdale's perpetual crazed vixen.

Edited by soapfan770