Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

My first and favorite soap of all time is GL, but I've always been inclined to watch the other CBS shows. Of course, ATWT aired before GL so often times, I'd watch at least the last half hour most everyday.

But, did ATWT always seem to be a little more stuffy, or formal, compared to GL? That was the feeling I always got from the show and wondered how others feel?

• Members

Yes. Other than maybe the early 80s or the early 00s, I'd say ATWT was always more sedate than GL. Just compare Bert (whose problem was being too emotional and needy) with Nancy (whose problem was not being emotional enough). Even the 70s, which mostly seemed to be sedate for GL - in reading about them, had some nutty, nutty plotlines like Kit Vested Gone Wild.

• Members

She was a nasty woman - I had forgotten how much until watching some of this time again. Putting all of her anger for Woody's affair onto Linc screwed him up, which the show could have run with but instead badly mishandled with that recast and murder mystery.

I didn't realize Lee Bryant played her. I liked her when she temped as Lyla.

• Members

May 88

After romping in the sack with Herb, Laura phoned Herb`s wife, Diane, and told her that Bob may harm Herb. Herb`s bloody body is in the bathroom at Laura`s motel room. Hal vowed to protect Barbara, who received a phone call from James. Holden plotted revenge against Emily and Tonio after he learned that they are having an affair. Shannon pressured Duncan to marry her. Craig refused to admit that Margo helped to rescue him. John and Susan overheard Bob arguing with Laura, who insisted she knows Bob loves her. Meg fretted that Tonio will lose his business to Craig, who rightfully owns the company. Holden admitted to Emily that he still loves Lily. Roy is determined to marry Jessica, who hasn`t said ``yes`` yet.

• Members

I wasn't surprised Woody left Hannah after her years of whining. Of course, then he was blessed with that hunky block of wood, Huth Hutchinson. I was glad when they brought Lisby Larsen on as "Aunt" Mary Hopkins the ?pie? lady as the mom, but I can't remember if anything worth watching came from the reveal. Between Judson Mills and Daniel Ziskie, I imagine it was a bit of a snooze.