Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Jane House was fired from As the World Turns in 1971. The character of Liz suffered a nervous breakdown after her miscarriage and had to be committed to a mental hospital. A short while later, Days and GH dethroned World from the number one spot in Nielsens. Liz had been popular, so the character was brought back with Jane House playing the part again. The following year, in 1972, Jane was dismissed a second time and replaced by Judith McGilligan.

Carl, I am delighted that you recognized my avatar. It is not the one I really wanted either, but I wanted to honor Diana and Where the Heart Is.

Edited by saynotoursoap

• Members

Irna was an interesting person to say the least! Beth Ehlers during her last five years on GL grated on my nerves...she just lost it, got really skinny and shrill and it didnt help that the show made her this romantic heroine which Harley never was..but when she did Irna on the 70th anniversary she just rocked it...I never saw Irna on tape but just from her acting Ehlers hit it on the head...(maybe she was channeling a frustrated, cranky middle aged woman having to deal with the suits around her as it hit close to home...) and she said she met with Hastings and Fulton to get her mannersims and what she was like.

Fulton and Helen Wagner have said that Irna would address the actors by their character names and did not want them to do other things as it detracted from the characters. Maybe that is why on AW she kept Mary Matthews around so long as unlike Helen Wagner, according to Lemay, the actress totally believed she was the character and a fabulous cook though she wasnt!

I wish they would write a book about the PG soaps behind the scenes, what a bunch of characters.

• Members

Nobody important ever cares about soaps or soap history.

The most interesting thing about Irna to me is that as conservative as she was, she did genuinely try to tell some groundbreaking, boat-rocking stories, especially in her last years. It's a real loss to ATWT that her plans for Amy Hughes did not pan out.

• Members

He still looks good….and he is single I believe..and so is hunky Kevin Spirtas from Days...

Jason Kincaed was so blah and just plain ugly and had zero resemblance to Tom or qualities…yuck….

I found Holmes hunky too but his Tom got boring towards the end…..Marx could be just sitting there and Id find his Tom interesting…LOL