As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Yes!

Don't you feel that if As the World Turns had premiered years later than its 1956 premiere, that the characters of Jim and Claire Lowell would have been multi-milionaires and that Edith Hughes would have been portrayed as a money-hungry golddigger?

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Chances are, if ATWT were to premiere today, TPTB would work very hard to paint Edith as the "victim" in that triangle, with everyone in Oakdale going out of their way to shame Claire for being so mean to her husband's mistress and not letting Jim leave her and be with his "one true love."

• Members

I remember the Rumor Has It Promo, although not the specific images. I'm getting wistful at the memory of when CBS has enough soaps on air to do a 4 in 1 cross promo. I wish that episode of when Tonio found Sierra with Craig at Foxwood Lodge were on You Tube but it's not (sob).

Random question about the Y&R section: Was that Diane Jenkins (Alex Donnelly) wearing nothing but a cowboy hat and a smile? And where art thou Stephanie E. Williams?

Edited by DramatistDreamer