Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

YAASS! My childhood days, right there! ATWT really was hot back then. I know I sound like a broken record but I wish all of 1985-86 episodes were on You Tube. There are quite a lot of 86 up there and I'm grateful but there are episodes I'm burning to see/haven't seen since I was a kid, that I'd love to see again!

Once upon a time I had hope that Soap Classics would have released some of those episodes on DVD and/or online but they betrayed me and folded like a napkin. At least before they closed up shop they could have had the class to release a DVD set of all the parties, costume balls and charity galas (the AIDS benefit, the costume balls and Holloween parties). That would've been so much fun!

• Members

Don't know if someone previously post this episode, but I thought it was good.

Brock and Emily are HOT. I don't understand how Greg Beecroft was brought back on GL or snagged by some other soap in the 90s. That man oozes sex appeal.

I loved the scenes between David and Ellen. I enjoyed watching Ellen put her foot down and demand that David make a choice. Most female characters would crumble in a heap nowadays and beg and plead. It was refreshing for Ellen to not fold. I miss female characters with backbones. Now they all seem to need a man to survive.

• Members

Back to those 1999 episodes I really must say I'm in retrospect impressed by Lesli Kay's ability to sell all the pointless, bizarre story that often ate the show up from Molly's early years. Carly and Molly were certainly more entertaining than the rest of the show at this point.

• Members

I'm not sure if there was ever a reason given, but I think it may have been over story or some other issues. It must have been abrupt as they recast Molly with Christina Chambers to finish out her story. I think some speculated she didn't like the story of Molly breaking up Carly and Jack, or whatever it was.

She did return for several months in 2009/10, while at B&B. Molly was a newswoman who was involved with an abusive Congressman, or something like that. (Lonnie Quinn, who'd played Will Cortlandt on AMC before becoming a weatherman, appeared in the story as a weatherman) She reunited with Holden, who'd split with Lily at that time, but, in some of the stronger scenes in ATWT's last year, a visit from Abigail, who was involved with a married man, made her feel ashamed at how much her own mistakes had influenced her daughter. She then broke up with Holden and left town, briefly returning in the final episodes for Jack and Carly's last wedding.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Molly kind of floundered after Jake was killed in 2003. There was backlash over her screwing Mike (and I actually kinda/sorta liked them), then he slept with Carly, and they stumbled on to Mike/Katie which was clearly popular. The show was going to kick her down to recurring, and they actually let her out of her contract so she could take the role on GH. That was spring 2005, and Chambers stepped into the role right before Jack went off the bridge and was presumed dead.

By '09, when LK came back to ATWT, her B&B work was down to a handful of episodes throughout the year. I do think she appeared on the B&B Xmas episode that year, but I think that was the only one that was concurrent.