Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for posting..the attack of the sappy. wussy Marland men is in full force in this episode, with Tom nearly crying about Margo..(loved the obvious look on Craig's face that he knows the truth) and then both Craig and Casey holding his hand..then the scene with Casey and Craig hanging out in their Brady Bunch robes on the porch.

That lighting during this time was awful..everything is in shadow...except Margo's room which is bright white so we know she is in Greece. Meg's hair makes her look 50.

• Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50gIKf5W3cA

The little moments, like Barbara's derisive laugh when Lisa says she likes Emily, always stand out.

Marland really knew how to mine the tension and the ache with the Barbara/Frannie rift. That scene with Bob and Barbara gets to me. That hug.

I really like the idea of Scott/Lucinda, and how he challenges her. I'm sorry this didn't go anywhere. I think Lucinda needed it. No man ever pushed her.

The bit where Lily tells her about Julie staying and says usually Lucinda knows everything is perfect, not only for their relationship, but also because it shows how Scott, and the lies about Holden, are rattling her. 1992 destroyed everything Lucinda believed in, and I'm so sorry this was never fully followed up on.

I love Iva but she annoys the hell out of me here. This is what they call borrowing trouble. And I've never understood why the show put her with John. The whole thing just drains John of any remaining edge he had.

Julie was such a terrific character. She never had to dominate story. She would simply flit in and out and add a quirky, believable scrappiness to Oakdale.

Who was Lisa Ann?

Emily is dressed like a slutty Easter basket. Ugh KMH annoyed me in these years.

Poor Hal with the land of the zillion recurring crime families. You can almost see Ben Hendrickson thinking, "What the [!@#$%^&*] is this? How am I supposed to remember who these people are?"

Edited by DRW50

• Members

So much going on here. I loved it back in the day when Lisa was up in everyone's business and knowing where all the bodies (and baby daddies) are buried. They really did a number on her in later years..she should have been all in it with Carly and Molly instead of acting like Oakdale's Phoebe. Breen was not right for Lisa's son, he should have been wild and sexual but not this stiff guy..that's Toms job. I liked the Babs and Frannie scene. FF the Snyders as I always did watching it.

I forgot that ATWT beat GL to the mobster's. Thought I have to say, these guys are sinister and they are hot. Yes, Iva sucked all the last life out of Johnny Boy.

• Members

I think the Iva/John hook up was mostly about creating jeopardy for Iva during the Andy/Julie/Aaron saga. But gossip also had Lisa Brown and Larry Bryggman dating during this time.

Who's talking about a Lisa Ann? I thought for a sec it was Julie's daughter, but that was Jenny. For some reason I think Lisa Ann's a doll? But I haven't watched the eppy.

Marland might have beat GL to the mob, but he wrote them to tell his story. He didn't rewrite story to keep a good actor on a show. Sigh---I remember how hot Greg Beecroft was as Brock. Aye caramba.

Edited by P.J.

• Members

I can't get past how much Marsha sounds like Ellie. Weird casting.

Great cliffhanger. I didn't know Nevins had known he had HIV. He's just total scum. I kind of wish his ending had just been rotting in prison rather than having him break out and Tom killing him.

I wonder if they were originally planning to pair Angel up with that cute guy at the Earl Mitchell Center. I liked Seth and Seth/Angel well enough but I think this guy would have been healthier for her.

• Members

So, not really about ATWT, per se, more than it is about one of its actors, but I was watching a Season 2 Law & Order episode from 1991, "The Wages of Love", and I thought the lawyer for a suspect looked familiar even with a mustache and beard, so I checked IMDB, and I was right. The late Benjamin Hendrickson played the lawyer.

Interestingly, the lawyer, Frank Lehrman, for the next suspect charged was played by none other than Jerry Orbach who would, of course, return to the series the following season, Season 3, as Lennie Briscoe for a little over a decade.

• Members

Ah, Beacroft as the mob guy. Sorry, Marland should have kept him around..not wussified him (I know, impossible for Marland) but made him go "straight, " but still a villain. Antonio Reyes suckes as a bad guy and James got to be boring.

I kind of wish GL had brought Beacroft back as a newly tough Tony Reardon...SIGH! AY-YA!

• Members

AHHHH, Angel as a regular character, with that fake accent? The only time she was interesting was when she was fondling one of Marland's good ole letter openers! Plus, the Synders had their hands full obsessing about Lily, they didn't need another poor soul!